450X: Product/Technical discussions

Handlebar weights might look sporty but they are generally used to cancel out vibrations of what’s the point of them on an EV?

It can act as a crash guard since the brake levers are bigger

Better brakes? The problem might be that the breaks are already too good and that’s why the wheel locks up on hard breaking. The new 450X does get an optional tyre upgrade which will definitely help counter this issue.

Right, the vehicle seems to be a little over engineered in many aspects. That’s not bad, very German-esque.

1 Like

The 4 uses of bar end weights.

1. To eliminate/reduce the resonance vibration
  2. For better balancing
  3. Protection in case of crash. Easy to replace the weights instead of handlegrip assy or the handle itself
  4. Looks.

While 1. and 2. are not applicable for our scooters, the 3rd and 4th are good enough reasons to have handle bar end weights. However it’s not a priority IMO in front dark mode, brake lock, grid hogging etc.

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together, this is great feedback that I’ll pass on to the team.

Addressing some of the changes you’ll already see:

1. Touch screen lagging - this will be improved by the new processor, along with using Android as the OS
  2. Broader tyres are geared towards performance. You’ll see minor changes in the range by using these tyres, and we’re keeping this optional. At the time of delivery, you can choose which tyres you want - for more range or performance
  3. Keyless entry - We were exploring options, but right now, none of them provide the level of security and usability that we’d like, so the 450X will come with traditional keys
  4. ABS - ABS is not possible on the current frame design, but we’re looking at tweaking the CBS to prevent such incidents
  5. Seat lock - Not sure what the issue is in the current seat lock
  6. Pass light is being explored: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/pass-through-lights-using-indicator-switch/3959
  7. Bigger or different colored switches - Not sure where this is coming from, but it’s not something we’re working on now
  8. Rebound on suspension - The suspension has been tuned keeping in mind stability at higher speeds. So it’ll be on the stiffer side.
  9. Hazard lights are also being explored: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/hazard-lights/3961/18
  10. For user skins, regen graph, dark mode with different colors, can you add them as feature requests and I’ll pass them on to the team.
7 Likes

Lease, loan and other options are what some of us are waiting for patiently for Ather to come up with. So that we can make an informed decision.

As per my usage is 20-30 Km Max in a day. Weekly 100 Km as I won’t be using this Two-wheeler through out the week.

You can expect the loan and lease options to be similar to the one for the 450. Deliveries start in Q3, so the final options will be announced before that.

1 Like

Right now It is much better for you to sell 450X in Europe for $4000 and think about selling in India later.

5 Likes

Most of us earlier expected at least 3 to 3.5 kWh battery pack upgrade from earlier 2.4 kWh, but converting to 21-70 cells only added up capacity from 2.4 kWh to 2.6 kWh of usable capacity for 450x.

At least the space occupied by previous AC/DC converter could had been properly utilized to install additional 1 kWh of battery pack (to around 3.5 kWh), which would had given Top speed and Range of [100 kmph | 100 km] in ride mode itself with that magic number.

5 Likes

July or October 2020 ?

If it were possible, it would have already been done. It’s not technically feasible to just add a battery pack in an empty space to add more range, without adding further complexities, weight, and significant cost due to the increase in components to the vehicle.

4 Likes

Yes, you’ll get any critical updates for your scooter when you bring it in for service.

Navigation over bluetooth is not possible since we use full Google maps on the scooter. The data transmission rates over Bluetooth are pretty slow and would not make a great experience. As mentioned in the other thread, it’s not just the data cost, but there are costs associated with developing new features, data storage and pipeline costs as well.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Still in online current rates per kWh is aprox. 15k So the battery cost would be around 40k as per market… And in upcoming years by 2025 it should do by 25k to 30k…? More over I think this

@abhishek.balaji Been a while since we’ve received any update regarding the 450X pre-orders. Now that covid-19 has caused chaos in the timeline, I would like to know if there are any changes in the Q3 deliveries or have they been delayed? And what about the collectors edition? Apart from the theme no other information has been provided till date. I’m sure many are eagerly waiting for more information just like me so we won’t be kept in the dark regarding our pre-orders.

4 Likes

Any news on the pricing of the 4g module for 450 and exchange for 450X ?

Please post queries in the correct threads.

No info to share currently on the 4G module and the 450X upgrade plan. We’ll share more information soon.

1 Like

So many threads… no clue where to post this one… you can move it wherever relevant… why is it taking so much time to release the 4g module price ? It has been more than 3 months

1 Like

Hey @itsn78, I understand that it must be frustrating to wait for updates. The development of the module takes time, along with testing, estimating demand, working with suppliers etc. The last few months have been hard for the team in getting access to the labs and office spaces for testing and development and it’s been delayed. We’ll announce the price soon.

2 Likes