450X General Service : Experiences and Reviews

I went for a periodic service at Nungambakkam service center yesterday,

I complained that there is noise in brake and to check everything, first inconvenience was there was no package available in the website to buy, so I was not able to request pickup. When I asked the center, they told there is no packages available currently and all are stopped.

So I had to leave the scooter and take a bus back.

I also got an email about the “proud” express service I filled and no one contacted me about it. when asked in service, they have no clue and told I need to leave the scooter. Looks like marketing team is a different company and service and sales are being run by a different Ather company. All the cool stuff marketing produces in the internet goes in the drain.

when they returned the scooter, they told they have updated the software, but on the way back today, the screen was restarting frequently and the current ride reading was resetting. it still keeps restarting while the scooter is being used on the road.

Also we clearly told to check everything and brakes. even though I was billed, the brakes were never touched. not sure what is covered from the general service labor. the service used to be very good. now that they removed packages and with the current low quality of service, looks like the ship is sinking.

I have been an early buyer with preorders in the second batch. I support Ather in every electric scooter conversation. but now I am disappointed.

I was also told the upgrade was available and after 7 months, no news on that too. the seat I got from the event at the beginning of the year is also not in stock.

3 Likes

Looks like not gonna happen soon. everywhere they have stopped or reduced quality workflows.

1 Like

When receiving the vehicle, I found out my high-beam switch and kill-switch were loose and flimsy. Also after the first day found out my Mode Selector was getting stuck.

Got the mode selector switched under warranty

And then now 9 months after getting the vehicle, the flimsy kill switch stopped working and came off. Barely even used that switch :no_mouth:

Hope the Gen 4 switches are more reliable, maybe I can switch to those. Or Ather made them non-backwards compatible, which would be typical

The service experience has been great though, but they have been overwhelmed at times and had to wait 1 month for repair because of supply chain issues I suppose.

4 Likes

Within 1 year the markings of my switches have rubbed off. Particularly high beam one more because I constantly use it everyday

Lets hope they engrave it in future iterations, instead of just printing like a cheap piece of plastic

1 Like

I’m scared. My 1st service will be due soon. Which sc should i go to. I live in Delhi ncr.

Apparently it will cost 450/-, and additional 100/- for labor. :money_with_wings:

I think they have engraved it for the Gen 4 models. I asked if I can have the Gen 4 switches, they said to visit on Friday and then see :neutral_face:

I don’t recommend Okhla SC.

All the best​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for letting me know. That was the one i was looking forward to.

I’ve visited them over 4 times, first few for an accident repair and next for the first service.

Both the times pretty disappointed. The staff is very uninviting and completely uninterested and just want you to leave the scooter and disappear. Don’t ask questions, don’t even look at your scooter while it’s being worked on, let alone take pictures.

The waiting room is tiny with often no place to sit and 100% gonna get bit by a bunch of mosquitoes.

1 Like

That sounds terrible. Which SC should i visit then? Any suggestions?

No clue. Try asking on the Ather Owners Delhi WhatsApp grp?

I hope Chennai service Center’s not like this.

Apparently the Gen 4 scooters use a switch with different couplers. They seem to look compatible from the outside tho (same shape hole), no idea why they would redesign the connectors. Just to make it non-backwards compatible, like all the other features they seem to be doing?

Anyways, the part was not in stock (typical, I had to wait 2-3 weeks on top of my accidental repair a month ago just for a brake lever). I plan to also install the BodyGuard (was also out of stock), will see how that goes.

The switch is still somewhat usable tho, need to finger the hole and press a small thing poking out (the red coated thing on the left side of the hole). Thankfully, the default state of the switch is “OFF” and pressing the button activates the kill switch.

Still a shame that the switch was broken at delivery but now needs to be replaced with the same part instead of the revised one.

1 Like

I saw the Gen4 switches yesterday. They look abysmally cheap, clear cost cutting. Someone needs to design an aftermarket switch (or fit one) on the 450x!

1 Like

Wait, really? To me they seemed better with badging that shouldn’t fade away after use. But idk, they don’t seem worth the hassle to get. Seems like they couldn’t even implement a simple “pass” switch for the headlight. If someone has good 3D modelling skills and a printer, might be able to create one ourselves.

I had a discussion with the Bangalore support staff (for charger refund query, I hadn’t received eligibility email nor the form). I also enquired about Gen 4 compatibility of switches with Gen 3 and they seemed to contact my SC for it, even though I had asked them not to raise it as an ‘issue’ with the SC :smiling_face_with_tear:

So now my SC is kinda mad at me which is justifiable since I have never had any big issues with them ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Will keep the thread updated as things move. The Bangalore support staff has been good though, too bad I had to email and then go to Twitter to get ahold of them.

2 Likes

Forget 5k or 1st service ppl…my vehicle has been one or the other issues even before it reaches 5k Weird vibrations from motor and belts and handle bar been very tight since day 1…sales guys told it will get fixed in few days…still had issue…recently in wilson garden Bangalore…a new sc opened and i showed them and expalined all and he told he will look into…made some adjustments…handle bar was made free and is OK…however weird vibrations from motor and belt sound issues didn’t solve…to which the service advisor told its common and will need to use it this way…however asked me to use it for few days n chk else get back…i was not comvinced though…still used for 3-4days and returned back to SC and explianed the same…to which they finally cahnged the belts and very high tension was set up to it which made the motor noise even more evident even on low speed…again i was told to use for few days and shud get morma…again not convinced…still used fot 2-3days and visited same sc again and this time with new advisor explained the issue and he tolf dont worry will fix…he SAID OUT OF 1000 VEHICLES 50-100 WILL HAVE SUCH ISSUES AND CANNOT DO MUCH ABOUT THEM…EITHER GET SPARES REPLACED IN WARRANTY OR USE IT AS IS…and i believe it maybe as…1 friend of mine bought Ather 1 week earlier to mine and when i rode his bike…it was very very smooth nothing at all like my vehicle with so.many issues…even when i ride it with utmost love and care whereas my frind uses it very roughly… finally after 1 day’s wait…i got the vehicle it was near to perfect and felt finally this looks good…was enjoying my rides and comes heavy rainfall last Sunday and i had parked my bike outside…next morning i turn the key on…NO DISPLAY…i tot i had powered it off…i tried to force shutdown the brakes and on switch way thinking it may reboot…no response…however the vehicle is moving without display…headlamp…taillamp…indicators…nothing is working…no horn aswell…but vehicle running only at 20 or 30 speed…immediately an hr later i went to the same SC and told them there is no display…after 2.5 hrs of wait…as 1 hr was there lunch break…they camr n told water is entered the dashboard and hence this…then they checked and told they dont have some tool or access and due to this i jave to go to JP NAGAR SC and meet an advisor RAJU and we will mail the SC about this and they will help me…next day i went snd met this person…he says plz follow the SC process and leave the vehicle and go will have it chkd…when i told him that a mail shud be sent about this…very rudely he told there is no mail sent…follow the sc process…i did so and explained my issue to the service advisor and i told why i have visited this sc as i was directed by the orher sc ppl…request was taken and 3 days later i get a call from sevice advisior MANOJ that there is water and hence all this…and he will again update later…few hrs later again he calls me and says there is a PHYSICAL DAMAGE to the dashboard that too at the interior portion of it which is seen only upon the covers, sheilds etc are opened and says this is the issue why the display is kot working and shared me an image…i told how can this happen…both you SERVICE CENTERS only have opened it twice and now you say this…to that he says me to use the insurance claim…i was shocked…for a damage done by either of the 2 sc…why shud i as a customer use my insurance claim for this…to this he told he will chk with his manager and update…next day which is today i get a call from another service advisor HUSSAIN and he says as its physical damage i shud take insurance claim or i pay for it or i take back my vehicle as it is…WOW THIS IS HEIGHTS OF RUDENESS…insurance claim…pay…or take back the vehicle…WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS CALLED…these guys are putting me in the spot now…i denied all 3…i immediately called the customer care and raised a complaint about this and i was assured they will look into this and will get an update in 4 hrs and was shared an incident num…few hrs later a lady called and i had explain my ordeal all over again and she told it will be looked into and ended the call…all is now see is the incident is closed as RESOLVED and there is still no update yet on what next for me… I REALLY REGRET BUYING THIS VEHICLE This last 4 days w/o the vehicle im commuting via cab by spending 1400 each day…who will compensate me for this and for all what is happening… IS THIS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE…1ST SERVICE EXPERIENCE ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED…DISGUSTING AND WORST CARE AND SUPPORT TEAM I HAVE EXPERIENCED kindly advise ppl what i shud be doing after alll this

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with service center

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issue with service center