450X General Service : Experiences and Reviews

Try the YouTube link h*ttps://youtu.be/1hfGAsdF9J4 (Remove the * While copy pasting it)

Thanks for the support , the outcome will only be positive : )

Will write in tomorrow as I’m miles away from home right now and can’t wait to head back

Goodnight and stay safe Dhananjay Cheryl

2 Likes

Sorry but I feel embarrassed as I’ve no idea as to how this emoji came :joy:

Sorry :pleading_face:

2 Likes

It must’ve been a coincidence. The Ather logo on the display indicates that Android is booting, unrelated to Ather account in any way. You see that screen after a software update or a reboot.

The app is only an optional add on meant for convenience. You can use the scooter without it/without logging in to anything.

2 Likes

But, I remember earlier the dashboard used to boot up in 13~14 secs but now with the new UI booting up takes like 21~25 secs, and i miss the 450X logo coming up with the sound effect.:pensive:

2 Likes

Hi Ibrahim Hope you are well It’s horribly humid That said - I have no idea as to how to get a reboot done

It must have been a software update

To be honest I have been logging out of the app and believed that to be the reason

Ok will definitely try this out Cheryl

1 Like

Hi @dsomavanshi for me all I saw was the logo and in heavy traffic couldn’t reverse at all. This much I can confirm. And that is what prompted me to report this immediately.

3 Likes

Yes i did understand your problem, but i was just stating that after the update it has been taking more time for the dashboard to boot up, then it did before.

1 Like

Hold both the brakes + power button for 10-15 seconds for normal reboot and for hard reboot do the same for about 25-30 seconds and you could see the headlights turning off for a second and coming back…I don’t think so the above problem might have raised due to an update…Coz I’ve never seen my vehicle updating, while riding it…It maybe a bug which would have caused it…But if you are experiencing any kind of bugs in the vehicle,first try normal rebooting, if the bug still persists do a hard reboot…If you’re experiencing the same bug even after this,then you can visit the forum so as to confirm that it’s normal with everybody just as the recent incident of network down and map loading problem…

Note: The motor doesn’t turn off while normal / hard rebooting the vehicle…Rebooting only refreshes the system and not the motor and hence the motor stays in the original state before and after rebooting…

2 Likes

true… booting time feels identical to me on Gen3, but i absolutely miss the 450+ splashscreen along with the sound :frowning: i hope it returns!

2 Likes

Blockquote

@kumaragurusenapathy that is very detailed and informative, thank you.

Had no idea this was a bug. So the whole screen was black and this logo could be seen. As in the Ather logo.

At first I thought it is because I had totally logged off from the app. So when I came home and logged back on and went and turned on the scooter I saw that everything was back on. That is the reason I believed that the app and this Ather logo appearing was linked to a complete app log off.

Still to make sure I posted it that day itself and now have learned that this was indeed a <>

Out of curiosity - is there a way where Atherites can report bugs ?

I will now log off completed and check if I can go for a ride and come back.

Will write soon. Thanks once again Cheryl

1 Like

@dsomavanshi how do you know that it is getting updated - do you receive a notification. I would also like to check if I am due any updates. Thank you. Cheryl

1 Like

You won’t get any notification when it gets updated…The download will automatically occur at 3.00 a.m…When you start the vehicle in the morning, there will be info on the screen on how to install it, nothing more than tapping once or twice…You can only view the current version of the system, the updates and other things will be automatically pushed…

PS: 1)The SoC of the vehicle should be greater than 40% to download the update or else it’ll shift the update to the following days until the SoC is greater than 40%

2 Likes

In the Ather app, go to Support > I have an issue.

1 Like

Just did

And yes it worked exactly the way you said it would without being logged on to the app

Just for effect I stayed logged off at the various times and then took my Ather for a ride , it was great.

1 Like

Which means I got “bugged” - or else I don’t know why the whole screen went off with just the logo appearing - :pleading_face:

That is useful to know about the updates.

What is SoC please ? State of Charge (just guesstimating)

3 Likes

Thank you Ketan , appreciated : )

Is the sequence as per the screenshots below

1 Like

You will get a amber colour dot over the top burger menu where we enter the settings and other options. That is an indication of software availability. Also if an update is available you can see it under app>>profile>>settings>>dashboard software.

Auto update happens only in early hours but if we wish to install when we are aware then you can just go to scooter dashboard menu while it shows amber dot(update available) go to software version and update form there directly without waiting for automatically updated. This way we will be aware of any bootup requirements or any issues in update.

Anyways update won’t stop it is going to happen eventually though.

4 Likes

Very useful to know and I will go and search for this @kumar.uppaluri2

1 Like

My service experience with Ather has always been great at the Mumbai, Khar SC.

However, the milestone services of 5K and 10K are not reflected on the Ather portal even after raising ticket and follow ups. I had taken the flight for service after reminder call from Ather.

I hope this does not create issues for me in the future.

3 Likes