450 OG upgrade to 450x

Not yet. Have you?

No updates yet from Ather. This is either a case of poor planning and ineffective communication or a fake publicity stunt.

I have no hope now.

(feeling let down)

:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

4 Likes

oh yeah, I forgot, they pulled the same stunt when they launched 450x in 2020. Then it was COVID-19, so it got dropped, and now it’s FAME-2 policy update. they better come out with a yes or no because many are holding their scooter for an upgrade rather than selling in the market.

5 Likes

Hello @smridhi.kalati some update on this matter will be appreciated only few thousand customers who bought gen 1, gen 1.5

4 Likes

No i have been waiting since 2 months for the call / email, I don’t think so upgrade program is still there

Anyone raised ticket with customer care what did they reply regarding upgrade

I keep always keep asking on Instagram post the only reply I get since 6 months they don’t have any ETA to bring this into production and their team is working on it actively This is totally disappointed from Ather If they can’t bring into live, why would they even announce programs as such ??

I doubt that program is still on the cards after fane2 reduction.

Also buyback program for gen 2 assured amount of upto Rs 85000 within 3 years must have started by now but no news about that

3 Likes

They could have done this much before FAME reduction. Now, if they implement, the reduction in FAME is going to hit the buyers, because of the delay.

1 Like

Technically speaking, none of the existing owners would be eligible for another FAME subsidy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah even in the event, during announcement, the expectations from owner and Ather both was that we would be using some family member to get the subsidy :wink:

2 Likes

But when the program announced subsidy was 55k and rn it is 25k I guess?

Doesn’t matter what the subsidy amount was. It’s the program restriction that one Aadhar number can use the FAME subsidy for a vehicle type, only once.

Was that the case? , or they backed out considering they will have to shell out alot of money for upgrading the 450 og owners. What ever it was @tarun should come clean

I had asked this question on the stalls multiple times on the event day. The answer was clear.

The price applicable assuming that we use some eligible person from family to be eligible for subsidy.

1 Like

My best advice is Do not upgrade as the quality issues on the 3.1 are worse I own a 3.1 lunar grey and the paint peels of the body and from the wheels too (the wheels are red) Have major issues in accelerater roter as it gets tighter every one month and has to be lubed 2. Plastic quality is way worse compared to the og god 3. Forget about the range upgrade etc Focus on the practical points….U get Ather grid free for lifetime in 450 4.those who have driven above 40k kms have already took their money back from the scooter and will only drive it for freee hereafter 5.do not see the range Jithna chal rahi hai chalao Because im facing a lot of issues hardware and software on my new 2 week okd scooter THE QUALITY IS WAY WORSE THEN I THOUGHT

4 Likes

Noticed this on my Gen3 too. The accelerator twist is getting tighter (and sometimes stuck) as time goes on. The only solution SC has is adding more WD-40 (which I am against)

1 Like

No…No… I meant that in all technicality you can’t buy another EV 2W using FAME on the same name.

I have no clue when or how the buyback would start.

1 Like

I doubt buyback will happen anytime soon, thats why the offer of lifetime free charging and connectivity being pushed to old generation.