10.1.4 feedback thread

Surely quite excited about these upcoming updates. The single most annoying thing for me is the inconsistent experience with the maps. Everything else is great. And yes, any developments around SMART CHARGING?? :blush:

Smart charging is on the list, but not the highest priority. Two key reasons why:

1. It would be used by a very small set of people, since the gains are very minor over a 5 year duration compared to the effort required.
  2. Range anxiety is still a bigger problem among owners, and we see that people do charge up even if they dont strongly anticipate usage. So restricting to 80% charge or similar, is not something they’d do, since they value the extra range.

It makes a lot of sense in larger cars, which have say 300 kms of range, since most of the time you’d not be utilising the full range.

3 Likes

It’s in a draft stage so our update was to ensure that it complies with the requirements that’ll come in, most new ICE 2Ws have a side stand sensor. One example I’ve observed on KTM bikes - they allow you to turn on the engine with the side stand engaged, but will cut off the engine if you try to switch to first gear. I’m not super confident on riding bikes, so unsure of what happens when you engage sidestand while riding.

Aah! Thanks. Good to know that you are working proactively in that regard.

Also, if you could sir, please enlighten me as to what ‘SMS language’ is? I keep getting this and similar warnings whenever I post about the 450X’s performance on the forum. Maybe we should take this to another thread or to DM, but still I’d like to know.

I personally don’t think my language usage is that bad, but if its not upto Ather standards, I’d definitely like to improve.

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. I still think its really very annoying to go down 7 floors every time to stop/start charging. :relieved: It will be a great peace of mind to forget about charging. You are relaxed knowing for the fact the bike will be charged to 80% or whatver charge limit you set. You just come home & plug it in & forget about it. :blush: and also Ather encourages 20%-80% for better battery life. Well sure, but how are we supposed to manage that without any help? If i decide to sell my bike to Ather, I don’t want to hear I haven’t taken good care of the battery so you won’t get a good price. Its really confusing to what to do. Should I just leave it plugged in every night & charge it to 100% every time? Don’t put us in a spot tomorrow. :blush: peace :v:

2 Likes

You can feel free to plug it in and leave it, no significant impact.

We answered this in the owners meet as well :smiley:

1 Like

Well this is okay but as per the graphs especially if charge it 100% full it is having a very bad impact capping it to 75 till 25 seems a middle ground b/w comfort and battery life,u had shared the graph of lion battery cycles,this is regarding that and there are huge diff in the no. of cycles b/w the both I still think smart charging is a really necessary scooters and what it be on ur priority list this will surely give us convenience and help us improve battery life

2 Likes

I agree. Just let us enjoy the convenience and peace of mind. We shouldn’t face unnecessary conflicts in terms of battery charging patterns when we get out there to sell our scooters. I consistently get over 80 kms at good average speeds. And that range is more than enough. Smart charging has benefits imo which outweighs the unnecessary range anxiety of some users. As i type this, my bike is more than 80% charged & I am feeling terrible to go down 7 floors just to switch it off. :man_facepalming: :confused::rage:

4 Likes

At least enable start/stop charging via the app. Please. I am sure lot of owners who live in apartments of tall buildings will love that. :blush:

2 Likes

Well, your feedback did help make the case for this. Smart charging is in the works, but won’t be able to comment on the implementation this early, but when we start working on it, we’ll share something around the feature. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Start and stop via the app is a really good feature if not for smart charging

1 Like

This is what happened with me as well. Screen is on when I walk by randomly hours later.

This is on the latest update 10.1.4?

Yes, but not always reproducible. I don’t know if that happened because of a freak incident like a large fly landing on the screen or something.

1 Like

Can you help me with a timestamp when you noticed this if possible?

This happened for me but on time has significantly increased. It was on for 5 min. Happened yesterday around 10.30PM ish

I was in 10.1.4 beta testing… I dint get any regular ota update till date . Till yesterday everything was fine, nw auto indicator is not working and my screen got re-start once… @abhishek.balaji

1 Like

So… @abhishek.balaji I’ve been getting random ‘Your vehicle is fully charged’ alerts. When I open to check the app, it shows that the scooter is still charging. Could this be because my vehicle is at your lab and is in the ‘service mode’?

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji when can we expect ios update for the app. Its long due now and ios users feel left out with the features and UI.

10.1.4 rolled out to everyone was the same build as was rolled out in early access. Auto indicator - we haven’t got other reports on the same, do watch for a few days and see if it’s a persistent issue. On-screen restart, we should be rolling out 10.1.5 in early access next week, which has a patch to fix the remaining cases of dashboard restarting.

I dont think you should have gotten those notifications. I’ll report this anyway, to check what happened. Do let me know if you get more false notifications once your scooter is back from service.

It’s almost ready, there was some confusion with Apple’s App Store review on login options, which we’re getting sorted. I Will update once we have approval to push the update out.

4 Likes