10.1.4 feedback thread

I also have faced the same issue after update after full charging of vehicle will be on full time

Is it on all the time? When charging, the display will activate on touch, so just confirming that that’s not what you’re actually doing.

1. Fan sound is more even in ride mode.
  2. Once key is turned on, the screen loads late
1 Like

I have the video where the display is constantly on after it’s charged When I had kept it for overnite charge morning when I. Went to take the scooter I noticed

I do agree. Early I have noticed. When we put for charge display lights up. And after few minutes Displays light goes of. Same like mobile screen touch. Even after charging for overnite. Next day when we go to take out the scooter I have noticed. Display will be off black on colour . But now Display will be. Constantly on ( I don’t know it might have been on full night as I dint go to switch of the charger after charging was completed I noticed in morning when I went to take out the scooter I am not finding the option to upload the video if u share me ur mail Id I can share the video clip

1 Like

When I drive on wrap mode with the speed of 60+ on that time fan noise is much more than after update even that noise of fan should also here the back seat person and those people on traffic signal they have told me which sound is this

Ride stats aren’t getting updated on ather app (ios). Rode quite a few times since 1st June, but none show up in vehicle statistics since then! Will try restarting the scooter today and check.

1 Like

I have no clue what this actually means. I tried it out today. The vehicle didn’t stop. @abhishek.balaji please give me some clarity.

Please excuse my video quality. I had to take it with my left hand while riding with my right.

4 Likes

I guess there are issues in SideStand Sensor… earlier I used to get sidestand engaged message even though it was retracted and vehicle wouldn’t start. No doubt that it didn’t sense the engaged Sidestand in your case. Its like it detects sometimes and sometimes not. Try disengaging and engaging sidestand while riding at low speed one of the times it should sense it and turn off… :slight_smile: honestly most of the smart features feels like final year engineering projects which work in lab but fail when we need to demo it to externals :smiley:

2 Likes

No sir, it did, you can see the sidestand indicator light popping up as soon as I deploy it. The motor didn’t stop. I’ve tried it multiple times with varying speeds as well. Doesn’t work.

It’s really like… “Sir… Trust me, it works… God knows why it’s not happening today… Maybe the stars are not aligned and the EV god has not blessed this day”

Honestly, I still don’t see the need for this feature, but many people do, so atleast for their sake Ather has to do something about it. If you’re releasing an update atleast make sure it works. Or upload a demo video showing us what to actually expect @abhishek.balaji. I really hate to complain, but things like this get on my nerves. We owners never did any drama when you asked for full payment and trust that you’ll deliver the vehicle did we?

I understand that Ather is still a startup and you have a ton of issues to work towards, but it seems like you’re the one creating the issues. Now that the subsidy has been increased and the market potential is higher you’ll focus on going into new cities more rather than fixing the problems with the Ather.

End of rant

#HopefullyThisPostIsntDeleted

3 Likes

The side stand cut off will work if you engage the sidestand under ~3kmph

3 Likes

I totally agree with this and stopping the vehicle is more dangerous what if you are moving however low speed and stop suddenly due to sidestand engaging accidentally and someone from behind or side collide with you without anticipating that you would stop?

Better implementation would be that of what we have in our cars when a door is opened when vehicle is running it wont stop the car instead it makes warning beep sound at whatever speed you are in.

4 Likes

I will test this out later.

Sir, humans on an average walk at 5kmph. I don’t think it’s possible to go ~3kmph in sports mode or warp mode because of the claimed high initial torque and performance.

Also, what would be the practical use of stopping the motor when the vehicle is at ~3kmph? Even if something hits the sidestand at that speed, the side stand would retract. Actually, I think my leg is faster than 3kmph when I use it to retract the side stand.

In my honest opinion this feature is just fluff. Just to add to the list of features you say that the scooter has. I’m nobody to tell you how to run your business, but, time and resources spent on developing this could have been used elsewhere.

Sir, it’s a legal requirement.

1 Like

Why is it capped at 3kmph? Why not if the stand is opened the motor turns off?

My apologies, I had no clue it was a legal requirement. I just assumed it was a feature because most ICE vehicles do not have it. I assume the legal requirement is that you have to warn the user that the side stand is engaged in some way? Because I did some googling and didn’t fine any clarity on the issue.

If side stand engages by mistake when you are at high speed, you’ll end up falling and possibly in an accident.

You can also read up here on what it was before and why the change makes sense: Side stand interlock issue

1 Like

This is a great idea as well! It can inform the rider by a soft chime, that side stand is engaged, instead of killing the already silent motor ! :sweat_smile: Much safer as well incase it gets engaged my mistake and there’s a huge vehicle coming from behind.

Performance is not like before, warp mode is not powerful.

topspeed gets dropped above 75kmph, after 75kmph the power is flat.

Am waiting for Ather to check my 450x.

Turn signal volume needs to be increased a bit.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji when can we expect a stable dashboard without restarts and maps working as intended without delay and lag ? Ather has pushed several updates but every single time it misses the most important one. Kindly shed some light on this too. It has become increasingly annoying with time that ather does not do anything regarding the same and even if it does , it does not reflect in the real time scenarios. The all time favourite ( reset the dashboard) is not the solution here.

1 Like

I am too experiencing the same fan noise problem (the trrr sound). I totally understand that the fan speed is increased with increase in fan noise. But the issue of trrr noise is like something is getting in the way of fan while spinning. @abhishek.balaji please suggest on the same.

1 Like