Why GEN3 is not mentioned in the RC?

Why in the RC they have not mentioned 450X Gen3? While at the same time they have mentioned Gen3 in the Digit Insurance.

When raised a ticket with Ather some called me after 20 days saying Gen 3 term is used by Ather for internal identification of the scooter. According to him all 450X are same and Gen3 has performance upgrades.

If its an internal term than why they sells 450X new models as Gen 3 and 3.1 to customers . Also why only in the insurance they have mentioned Gen3.

8 Likes

Yes, during the entry on the registration portal (vahaan), they should have mentioned as Ather 450X Gen 3. That’s just 4 characters extra to their entries under model field.

4 Likes

Reply from Ather

14 Likes

For your information this is not a solution for this. If Its internal identifications than why it’s mentioned in the insurance copy?

6 Likes

Interesting topic… following :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Reply from Ather…

2 Likes

3 Likes

This is what Ather says now

5 Likes

Hmmmm ok TFS

2 Likes

I dont think it’s a big issue. Many automakers just mention the model name and variant is supposedly understood by year of manufacture.

But yes it does leave room for anomalies, for example, if some dealer registers an older bike later than the agreed date from OEM because they weren’t able to clear stock on time.

I think insurance companies account for these anomalies by adding the gen #, because they need to be clear on the value of the hardware that they’ve agreed to cover.

1 Like

It is a big issue, Like car manufacturers, they always mention the Variant of their model in the RC book, Ather should also do the same, the GEN 3 is newer Variant of the 450X model.

1 Like

But Ather doesn’t produce anything like vxi zxi dxi… The main variation is the year on year upgrading of the model especially after gen 3 we have found that x/+ are the same so in my opinion i dont see it as an issue

2 Likes

And Yet they don’t mention the plus variant in the RC book, because it will lower the subsidy because the FAME 2 subsidy is based on Installed capacity rather than usable capacity. these OEMs take huge benefits out of it. But it’s still debatable whether they will mention it in the RC Book, or not.

4 Likes

Yes that’s a seperate issue i posted the article on #elecric vehicles channel too

I think most manufacturers are trying to find ways to get leniency on judgement for the ongoing litigation. Ola dropped their prices, Ather extends free charging because this way they can still debate charger is optional accessory. Will have to wait n see

2 Likes

Initially Ather informed me that GEN3 is used only for their internal identification only and its not used a Variant. But when i asked them why GEN3 is mentioned in the Insurance copy if it was Ather internal thing and how did they get the data that if it is GEN3.

Yesterday the dealer called me and informed that they are not able to update GEN3 in the RTO website and also they cannot claim Subsidy if they mention GEN3 in the invoice.

Also GEN 3 is removed from Ather website also. Earlier i had seen somewhere mentioning it. Even the Vehicle was launched as Ather 450x Gen3

i agree with @ham on this. lets take an example of Swift, it has received 3-4 generation upgrades, but it you compare the oldest Swift and the brand new Swift, both have the same name in RC. the way differentiate is through the make year.

However, Activa does mention the “G”eneration (3G, 4G, 5G etc) but I think thats because its a part of the model name.

Photo

Jupiter, Ntorq and others again don’t mention the generation.

Photo

2 Likes

I have a XUV 500, but they have mentioned the Variant name in RC as W5.

The previous versions was W6.

that’s variant, not generation.

since both the variants in Ather have same hardware (its just a matter of a software toggle), they probably have not mentioned it.

even Ntorq has variants, (Race Edition, XP, XT) with hardware differences and price differences of 20-30,000 and Jupiter (Std, ZX, Disc) has a similar situation, but none of them mention it either.

2 Likes

So atleast it should be mentioned in the Invoice rite? When the scooter was launched saying Gen3 and sold as Gen3.

Also Gen3 has more capacity battery compared to 450X.

Hmm right, it will help identify easier. my invoice does have the battery capacity mentioned btw

Photo

1 Like