Wheel Locking out on 450X Gen 3 & Tyre Recommendations

Would love a tire recommendation for Gen 3. 4K driven… but the rear wheel locks out atleast once a month and I’m sick of it

3 Likes

I believe that it would work if you apply front brake.Cause motor control the speed of rear wheel.So,maybe it would work in situation where you accidentally pressed front brake and motor will try to reduce the speed of rear.But wheel is locked you can’t do anything it will slip already.

The whole point is it would reduce the sliding by some percentage.But cannot stop the skidding when wheel locks in.ABS is good but would increase the price.Thats not good for family scooter

3 Likes

If your tyre locks frequently then the best solution will be sell the vehicle and getting a vehicle with ABS.

No tyre going to help you with locking. It is beyond physics.

4 Likes

I guess that makes sense… but also I feel like I need to require my brain to use front break for panic breaking and not rear breaking

3 Likes

Read the query before posting.

3 Likes

You should use both breaks during emergency braking.

1 Like

Hey Mayukh,Try Michelin 100-80/12 Tyres or TVS Eurogrip 100/80-12

It will give More Grip on Both Riding and Braking

You will feel Huge Difference in Braking :v:t2:

MRF is a Brand with No Ride support, Try my Suggestion And You will not Regret

5 Likes

We are talking about wheel locking and you are talking about tyre slipping in surface.

When our vehicle move there are two motion (for simplicity keep aceelation constant)rolling ,where wheel is rotating and another translatory(means motion in x direction)when wheel lock rotation motion stops,what remains is translatory motion due to which you skid forward.

Coming to what you are saying is when you friendly neighborhood force friction fail to Act and wheel start rotation at one point.

4 Likes

If you are unsure you can search in google here is what google said me (the above post was purely based on my knowledge)

Yes, wheel slipping and wheel locking are different things:

• Wheel slipping

Occurs when the tractive effort exceeds the adhesive weight. This causes a relative movement between the road and the tire, which is called wheel slip. Wheel slip is an undesirable effect that can impair driving safety.

• Wheel locking

Occurs when the brake pads are pressed tightly against the drum or disc. This causes the wheel to stop rotating. When a wheel locks up, it loses traction, which can cause the vehicle to skid or lose control.

3 Likes

I assume that contact patch is somewhat related. To wheel slipping not locking

3 Likes

@chef.arun7 I saw this tires fitted into Apex in community day bro nice they are.

3 Likes

You mean Michelin CITY EXTRA fitted in Apex?? :thinking:

3 Likes

A wider, grippier tyre will help distribute braking force more effectively on the tyre surface, potentially delaying or avoiding wheel locking during braking. Is this wrong?

Is City Extra their “budget” lineup? Do you know how different it is from Pilot Street 2?

2 Likes

Michelin Pilot Street 2 has 90/90-12 and Budget 1400 to 1600 in Different Places

City also in Same Price for 90/90-12

But 100/80-12 and 110/80-12 Priced at 1900 and 2100 Respectively

But 100/80-12 is 2,999 in Flipkart :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Donno about 110

So Its not Budget Segment

1 Like

Anyone you know has used the new Reise tyres? They seem promising

2 Likes

Reise is Good But They are not Made for EVs. Yeah Even Michelin and TVS Eurogrip are not Made for EVs.

But Reise will take some Efficiency due to Its Perfect Grip

(Why this post flagged as Off Topic) :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Michelin City Extra

90/90 - 12 = 1540/-

100/80-12 = 1920/-

110/80-12 = 2150/-

3 Likes

Where can we get the Michelin tyres

1 Like

Try to Visit Tyre Wholesale Shops Nearby. Dont Shop Online, Price will be High

1 Like