What happens to Dot if I shift my location?

Hi,

I’m currently thinking about buying Ather. Does anyone know what happens to the Ather Dot installed at home when you shift home? I will shift closer to office after a few months but then will Ather reinstall the Dot at my new place and if so is it chargeable? Maybe its better if I wait till the whole shifting process is complete (Which can take sometime…Nov-Dec maybe)

You can request for Ather to uninstall and relocate your Dot. But it’s easy enough that you’d be able to do it without much effort. Or you can opt for the portable charger which lets you avoid the installation worries.

4 Likes

How much will it cost? Also,how to transport it “safely”? Even I may have to consider this after a few months. Of course it’s only applicable if Ather comes to my city soon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think about 2k including 5m of cabling. Exact price might vary from city to city.

The Dot comes in a nice box that can be used for transporting

2 Likes

I’ve seen people just through it in the under seat storage space. And it’s just fine :person_shrugging:

1 Like

When is the portable charger going to be available? While paying for the order it said its not available right now. Any tentative date?

Hi Ather team,

I shifted my rental house to near compound.

(Note : Removing the DOT from my old location is already done by me not by Ather team.)

The person who came for installation said that I have to pay Rs150/- extra for additional cable more than 5m after fixing the DOT only.

In this case I am already having 5m cable with my Ather dot which is already available with me. now they are not considering that cable. And they charging for additional length from zero.

Totally I paid installation charges Rs2124/- + additional cable Rs840/- (2964 nearly 3000/-) for DOT installation.

Here my question is then for what I am paying Rs2124/- ???

And why it is not informed to be before through mail or voice.

I hope Ather team will provide proper response for this matter.

Thanks, Srinivasan

2 Likes

The amount which you paid earlier was for the installation at your old place. The ₹2124 is for the installation at your new place. I do understand that you yourself have removed the Dot. But in newer purchases also it comes in a box( removed) and gets installed.

1 Like

Hi @abhishek.balaji,

How much is the fee for only un-installation of the charger by Ather technician in Bangalore?

1 Like