Upgrade plans

As the market is expanding & ev manufacturer providing more features, Ather can do following to 450 plus to impress existing & new customers

1. Battery upgrade - upgrade 450+ battery just like 450X with fee around 7-8k
  2. Performance upgrade - upgrade 450+ battery & provide warp mode for fee of 12-15k

All these can be done with software update & Ather can earn revenue from existing 450+ customers. Also new customers will have a more choices.

11 Likes

The performance upgrade is ₹19,000 which is the difference between 450 Plus and 450X that includes Warp, battery capabilities and Bluetooth.

5 Likes

The company is not interested in these upgrades, like Apple, they will make you buy a new one rather than upgrading your old scooter.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/upgrading-450plus-scooter-to-450x/37827/7?u=power_light2000

9 Likes

yes i agree

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun plz reply to this topic also

3 Likes

Yes i would love to upgrade for a cost. When we got the ev it was first ev purchase. I thought 79 would suffice, but it seems 85 would be better. Kindly provide upgrade for a fee.

8 Likes

I don’t think EVER such upgrade would happen. Yes, bigger battery and stuff is better for existing owners but I don’t this is going to happen. Even from the standards of running a business which does give Ather extra money. And some comments are just hillarious. All those who are posting, requesting, it’s just pointless. No hard feelings, but just what is going to happen. :slight_smile: Or not.

8 Likes

I have an issue that I have bought my 450x on June 28th 2022 and on 19th July company have launched their new model gen 3 and previously when I was booking my order there was no such updates regarding the new launch of the new model only leaks were there and now I am feeling as cheated as I have bought the old vehicle and after 20 days only new vehicle launches and that’s was so shocking for me I request to Ather that Ather please provide us a upgrade or a exchange at a upfront cost 5-10k so we can upgrade to the newer model or when the company wants to launch can’t they hold all the bookings or provide some information regarding new model to dealer it will be a growth in trust on Ather if you provide please I request to @tarun sir please do something as I am regreting why I buyed at that time if there was some official announcement that I have waited and taken the new one but what can I do hope to see a satisfactory response from your side but please don’t say that that time there was no news your customer care dealer everyone is saying same thing please give a satisfactory response and if possible please provide the upgrade or exchange option to the owners and if you want you can put restriction like vehicle should not be more than 1-2 months old or something kms ridden restriction so you can exchange and will not lead to loss for company and if we all are paying upfront cost what’s problem in this hoping to see a satisfactory response from @tarun Sir :pray:

8 Likes

Yeah, that’s unfortunate. I can definitely empathize. But as of now there is no such plan by Ather and I doubt they would even do it as it is not really economical for the company.

I got my vehicle about 7 months ago. At that time, I did ask the folks at the center if there is something new in the works. They said there is nothing and there won’t be another new model until 2023! Of course that’s a lie, but at least in my case I had some 7 months lead time.

I feel bad for you that they proceeded with your delivery, knowing very well that there is a new model coming right around the corner.

Keep pushing Ather and let’s see if something good comes out of that.

8 Likes

Sadly that’s the harsh reality of any product you buy out there, not just Ather or any other Automobile, but any product in general.

7 Likes

Bro I totally agree with you. if company not upgrade old customer scooter then people switch the other company because ola provide upgrade to all ola coustomer TVs, Hero, Baja,or simple one they all are best option and people trust them If they not going to upgrade the old Ather then they totally lost the customers and customer trust also…

4 Likes

As if TVS, Ola and Baja(Bajaj) are offering an upgrade after they sell you? Ather has a booking period of 5 months, I wonder if people prefer quality over compromise, in that scenario, Ather is for a Win.

1 Like