Updates and new features

Ride history with estimated range is still a feature under development

1 Like

Aargh!! Yet to see update! what’s the timeline on complete rollout? Last evening when I was in Indiranagar the app showed there was update waiting, but at home this morning, nothing.

1 Like

yeah, look like. Understood this after reading Shreyas post again :slight_smile:
Thanks for the confirmation though!.

hope @Ather.Team is giving us all rides details instead of only the last/recent ride(s).

1 Like

If I’m not wrong, the “aggressive riding” warning would show up based on how quickly the accelerator was twisted to go from 0 to 2 or 3 or more… not actually what speed you reached in the end… The drain on the battery will be much higher if the accelerator is twisted wide open from standstill instead of giving it a gentler twist.

If testing it out, you could try a gentler twist and see if the red still shows up.

2 Likes

If I am not wrong the update has been rolled out to every 450. Did you check the OTA update option on the scooter’s dashboard?

1 Like

Hey Suneel,

We did a complete roll out in one go. Not sure why you haven’t received the update. Do let me know if you still can’t see it on your 450.

1 Like

I am also waiting for the update. Did not receive.

1 Like

may be restart the system

might have Luck with that - though not sure

1 Like

Hey @mrhegdekarki,

Just checked this with the SW Deployment team. The update rollout to your vehicle had failed. It was scheduled to get rolled out again in the second attempt, but we manually pushed it from the system.

Please ensure you are in an area where the network coverage is proper for the update to get downloaded.

4 Likes

it was indeed a very gentle twist as I was not the ahead/first one at the light and obviously, there was no space to go more than 2kmph :slight_smile:

will try again in the evening and feed my observation back in here!. in my morning drive of about 20kms, i was seeing how the aggressive driving UI behaving as well and there by this observation. thanks for sharing you thought.

1 Like

Hi Shreyas, Now i am in full network coverage area and vehicle parked with lock barrel in handle lock position and key removed. Should i keep the vehicle on for some time to receive OTA update ?

2 Likes

Keeping the vehicle on will help download the update quickly. Once downloaded, you will have to connect with charger to install update.

1 Like

Just to explain how the energy consumption indicator works:

It takes the energy consumed in the last 10 seconds, divided it by the distance covered in that duration and based on this result it computes it on the dashboard.

Hence, it is not surprising to see this at 2 kmph for some instances, as the distance travelled will be extremely low, and 2 kmph isn’t a very efficient speed to use the vehicle at.

That said, you are right about this improving over time, for cases such as this, we will keep refining the algorithm to eliminate corner cases, where this representation of energy consumption might not be the best representation.

8 Likes

Thanks @Shreyas, this helps.

1 Like

@Ather.Team Give us the app update also please, awaiting to see the Ride History :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I called customer care this morning, and a Mr. Akhil told me it will take another day or two, and that there are multiple batches. So which one of the two of you is mistaken? Everytime I open the app, it shows a notification,
Screenshot_20190313-145742|333x500

But then, when I check on the vehicle it still shows the earlier build number, and says it is up to date. In the last day, it’s been on charge twice. Once this morning at my home, where again there was no update; and earlier last evening, where it was Ather service at IBC. If the update was indeed out in one batch, would’ve made sense for your guys to set it up last evening itself. Not sure what’s happening here really. I even asked why a batch rollout was needed for a grand total of 150 devices, but was confidently told there were bandwidth or communication or some such issues. I know it’s been said before here, I’m okay with delays… but I’d really appreciate consistent information, not contradicting…

3 Likes

Hi Suneel,

I understand your point. This does need a better clarification.

Let me explain the process, this should give you clarity on the issue:

1. We deploy to all vehicles in one go.

2. Sometimes, the update does not get downloaded or fails during the deployment stage and we get notified of those instances. (Number of such instances are few)

3. We batch these instances and re-deploy them in a second attempt.

The same had happened with @mrhegdekarki.

I have again checked it with the SW deployment team, your vehicle hasn’t downloaded the update yet. Would request you to wait for some time. One the deployment happens, it will notify on the dashboard only once the software has been completely downloaded.

2 Likes

The software update should be PULL instead of PUSH … I tried standing outside where the scooter is connected with good signal but no luck … It is absurd to wait outside on the scooter and hoping the next deploy PUSH somehow coincides.

Also what is the point of OTA update button if it does not even check the version on the scooter and the latest update available and notifies the customer.

I made a joke out of myself in my apartment now :laughing:

4 Likes

Haha! I did the same yesterday evening, gave up and went to bed. On my way to work today, it had automatically downloaded the update, so I stopped by the Ather Experience center to plug in the charger and complete the update.

4 Likes

Yep… Sorry :slight_smile: