Updates and new features

OMG! Gray vatient is awesome af. Good imagination.

1 Like

Caller Alart: The suggestions are give with good intentions. Although at a law stand point it will be frowned upon. When if it is a tiny alert, it still distracts the rider which can be hazardous. Some may be responsible enough to ignore, which defeats the purpose of it. Just pitching my opinion

1 Like

Hi Karthik, I do not think Caller Alert is against law. By the way, is there a law for this? :wink:

Take these two cases for example : 1) Caller Alert in 4 wheeler is so common where there is bluetooth connectivity between your phone and car audio system. Driver gets the notification by displaying the incoming phone number. 2) These days any smart watch has the incoming caller alert.

Considering these two cases, it is up to user to decide whether it is nuisance to him/her and decide to turn on/off this caller alert. Personally I find this as useful feature.

1 Like

If the vehicle is connected to the phone with Bluetooth, then it can be possible. But in the current case the vehicle has its own SIM Card. There is no connection with the phone and vehicle except the app on the phone.
I believe it is technically not possible and not a good idea also.
@Shreyas @Ather.Team please clarify.

It isn’t against the law. It’s frowned upon that’s it. Car is a different use case. Although I still feel its distracting. Smart watches were never meant to be used while driving. This actually backs my point. Smart watches has those features, but using it while riding is dangerous. So it goes without saying that usage is what matters. Ather is just being responsible and not adding a call Alart. I used to think it would be a good idea too but then I though about how it can lead to accidents which changed my mind. I do agree that Bluetooth would be a nice feature.

1 Like

We’ve had the discussion about caller alert feature on an earlier thread. You can read it here :slight_smile:

You can read the subsequent posts on the same thread by Surya and Tarun to have more clarity on this.

2 Likes

I was wondering if you could add cruise control feature… Considering the benefits of getting better range with constant speed… Of course I know you have provided ECO mode… But still you don’t need to open the throttle every now and then when you get a open long road…

4 Likes

I too vote for this feature. My 40Kâ‚ą Chinese Electric scooter has this cruise control and I find it useful at times.

2 Likes

Personally I do not find Caller Alert is not so distracting while driving. It is something similar or additional information which should be displayed in the screen. Do we get distracted by looking at speed information, odometer, clock? Same way it should be a just pop up window on screen.

Note, this is just a debate on new feature and I am aware that there is no BT (bluetooth) connectivity in today’s model.

1 Like

We did get this feedback early on from AtherSpace as well as during media test rides. Hence we updated the feature to not turn off the incognito mode after 24 hours, and let the user have control over it perpetually.

Even the first production vehicles had this feature updated in them before they were delivered to customers.

4 Likes

Shreyas, this is great… I really appreciate it.

Totally agree with you, Karthik. Even a micro distraction can kill in seconds especially considering the number of potholes we have :smile: . Driving conditions are worst during rain.

There should not be any call alert. We have in car because, you are more safe in a car driving in city. But would anyone consider call alert in car when driving in Agumbhe ghat for example (never atleast during night time). It is inviting death! Irrespective of driving location, safety is always first priority. So, I would say no to any distraction while driving any kind of vehicle.

Appreciate that Ather Team respond to all Customer queries! Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi @ather.team,

Recently ather app on mobile got updated twice. But I couldn’t see any significant changes.

The app in my mobile is beta version. What changes has been brought in updates?

2 Likes

Most probably updated to new version
" RIDING BEHAVIOUR HABITS"
@Atherteam
#TAKELIGHTLY :v:t2:

Hi @magneta,

There are a few bug fixes in the app and UX enhancements to improve experience while using the Ather Grid.

1 Like

@Shreyas What is the current version running?
And it would be helpful if the app showed the version too…

1 Like

Hello
@Ather.Team

Could you please consider this in near update

Upper bar for regen (please increase regen) and lower one for kw/h battery consumption real time.

Also consider battery % and temperature near the battery logo

Anyways the speed is displayed always so we donot need a graphical bar for that

I think this will improve riding behavior to achieve range…

@Shreyas can you please direct this to concern team

I know the presentation is pathetic… But that’s all I could manage on my mobile

Hello @ather_owner ur thoughts please

6 Likes

I saw Ather 450 vehicle running with both LED lights lamps were on day time. i thought might be due to government regulatory which Ather vehicle may follow - [Automatic/Always Headlight On]

But the concern is, Ather is electric vehicle which have to save battery/Energy. Did the team taken any alternate measures to energy saving measure and to follow government regulation on [AHO] ?

Example : Petrol vehicle like Dio, TVS 50 has put small LED indicators in fronts to regulate the consideration of AHO.

Does Ather willing to come up with same plan just to save battery against AHO ?

2 Likes

I had attended Saturday 22nd’s open house. Your idea is very valid and Ather is already in plans of implementing it in Phase 1. They had shown couple of screen shots in the session on how it will be implemented.

Hey @Abhishek,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts around the dashboard UI. As @rajeshkav mentioned, we had discussed this in the Open House.

The UI/UX team is working on a few enhancements to give more information about energy consumption, efficiency and better prediction of range.

You would see the same updates in the coming months.