TPMS not working after 5.9 update

You seems to have miss understood what I am trying to say. I know TPMS needs Bluetooth to work. In Atherstack 5.8 even if you turn off Bluetooth from connectivity menu TPMS values used to be displayed on dashboard but in Atherstack 5.9 & latest Atherstack 10.5.10 moment you turn off Bluetooth from connectivity menu TPMS values are blank. This is what I am saying. And more over TPMS is showing wrong values in dash. It shows excess of 2psi for front tyre and 3psi for rear tyre.

2 Likes

This issue didn’t solve even in 5.10 update, My values are stuck at 33,34 respectively, Manual checking shows 29,30

1 Like

I had got call from Ather team itself they are aware of this bug hopefully they will release bugfix soon

2 Likes

I have tried with service center twice and customer care keep sending me to service centre and no resolution.

Can anyone let me know how does TPMS work? Are the devices directly connected to the internet or connected to the scooter via Bluetooth?

My TPMS only worked on the day I bought my scooter, post then the values didn’t update. I took it to the service center recently and they fixed it. But again it has stopped updating. I keep the scooter’s Bluetooth off most of the time. Could that be the reason behind it not functioning properly?

1 Like

Yes, you need to have the bluetooth turned on at all times for the TPMS values to be updated. Pity that the people at the SC are not aware of this and rarely communicate the same to the customer.

3 Likes

No it was changed this way post 5.10 update. In 5.8 even if you have turned off Bluetooth also TPMS would get updated. Now if you turn off Bluetooth then TPMS values become blank.

1 Like

I’m on 5.8 since a long time and my TPMS values remain at a constant value and never get updated if my Bluetooth isn’t turned on.

1 Like

Then get them remapped at service centre. Because I had same problem when I was on 5.9. They downgraded to 5.8 which is best it shows instantaneous changes in tyre pressures.

2 Likes

I had a puncture and the values still remained constant. It was such a dangerous situation. Gives a falsely sense of comfort. Had I not seen the nail embedded in the tyre, it would have resulted in a messy situation. Buying a tpms doesn’t make any sense anymore with the software being so unreliable.

Have been trying to co ordinate with the customer care for this particular issue for over a month. They expect the customer to leave everything they are doing to visit the service center for a mistake they clearly made. So unethical and pathetic.

2 Likes

TPMS stucks from last update , any solution pls guide

1 Like

Thanks! Now I know why it wasn’t updating! I will keep Bluetooth on.

1 Like

Take to nearest service center ask them to unmap and remap tpms. It will start to update values normally

1 Like

After the update to 5.12 only the front TPMS sensor is stuck at 29PSI but the rear one seems to work fine. I tried hard rebooting and it doesn’t seem to do any good. Both the TPMS and the vehicle are just 2-3 months old.

4 Likes

I suggest you to visit Service Center, They will fix it using Developer Mode

3 Likes

They just unpair and re pair that’s all bro this has been done on my Series 1 nearly 9 times but this is just temporary fix it works fine for few days then issue persists again.

4 Likes

After update on latest 5.12 my tpms reading also stuck at 31&31 and this time after restart it also not working @abhishek.balaji why your team in not testing everything before push update. We face trouble every time whenever we got new updates.

4 Likes

TPMS? Nah ain’t nobody got time for that! :no_good_man: Swapped that waste of thing portable air inflator off Amazon. Saves me a 15km road trip to the service center every time. Now that’s how you boss up like a pro!

3 Likes

Get your TPMS replaced under warranty because they are swapping out old TPMS with treel brand one which are coming out with Apex. Which are more accurate and you can also replace TPMS battery also. I also had my TPMS stuck since 5.11 update which was replaced under warranty.

4 Likes