Toggle Coasting Regen while Riding

Really good observation & it is a concern if the speed drastically reduces in 1-2 secs. I have not experienced coasting regen so not sure about how quickly the speed reduces

This should be the ideal approach to avoid sudden speed drop

3 Likes

If you drive on Sports or mode you really don’t have to worry about changing mod. I feel sports mode gave more efficiency for me compared to all other modes

just turn coasting regen off then? I cant understand the issue here :thinking:

I guess, there is no option to disable coasting regen :thinking:

Exactly. People will soon realise the amount of Regen you get in city use is very minimal. You might end up turning off Regen altogether

There is option to disable regen.

1 Like

I don’t want to drive on sports mode all the time because the acceleration and pick up is very fast. Its good when the roads are empty or Ina highway… But not in city traffic. Smart Eco fulfils the need most of the times except for when u reach the expressway.

The other issue I feel is the switch to change modes is not really very reachable. I often have to look down before changing modes. I wish it was closer so that u could have reached it without an effort.

1 Like

You’ll get used to it.

2 Likes

It becomes a concern on expressway since the vehicles behind you too are running at 60-70kph and slowing down a bit even when you are just switching modes can be dangerous. The other issue is that the switch for changing modes isn’t exactly in your thumbs reach. You have to make an effort to reach it.

2 Likes

Disabling regen will never be provided as it is against government regulations.

in the 450S, we can disable the coasting regen from settings. Also, the coasting regen only gets activated once battery levels are below 80%.

2 Likes

In general you can’t turn off all regen on an ev as per governments regulation.

What ? I can completely turn it off on my Nexon and its possible on the MG ZS EV as well. OLA can do the same as well.

2 Likes

You can turn of Coasting Regen in Ather. It’s already available for anyone who has purchased the Joystick Ather 450 series and above

I ref from 22:27 onwards hence.

I have a gen 4 and I can turn off the coasting regen in the settings.

The strength of coasting regen is inconsistent which is why i raised this thread , I have experienced a very strong regen at above 80% battery and a very feeble regen at 15% battery As Ather is so much behind the homologation curtain the least they can offer is turn on/off coasting regen while on ride , I wondered when i saw ola moveos 4 launch and was thinking homologation do not applies for them? Ather is surely taking its customers for a ride in the name of a premium product…

Not while riding

Magic’ Twist or reverse throttle as Gen 2 and 3 users know cannot be disabled. But Coasting Regen can be disabled

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Lower coasting regen issue