Tips on keeping Ather scooters clean

I took my ride (series1) out in rainy and in sunny days. The vehicle keeps on getting dirty than any other vehicles around.

Let’s discuss and find a solution for this

5 Likes

I did ceramic coating myself and I must say it makes some considerable difference.

7 Likes

Purchase link if any

6 Likes

This is the one I used

Click here for link

https://superceramiccoating.com/

3 Likes

How is the quality of the one you purchased? And Does the coating last long?

I face a similar issue! My scooter being black, attracts dust even after 0.01 seconds, after washing. 🥲 But the only solution - microfibre cloth, and few minutes to spare daily to keep the S1 clean!

4 Likes

For the price, it’s decent. You get what you pay for. They recommend 3 coats and if you’re looking for something that will save you money you can definitely go for it.

I can’t comment on that yet because it’s relatively new. It looks to be good as of now.

5 Likes

Hi Mani, on the web I read that “It Only Requires One Application and Will Last 2 Years”. I have no experience in this. Please suggest me if this is how it will be?

2 Likes

Hi all I had just got my Ather cleaned with soap and pressure washing at a nearby place and they also put one type of oil on the tyre but the brakes have become slow because of that oil like really slow to react… does this effect go away or do I need to do anything for it to come back to normal??

3 Likes

Oils and disc brakes are mortal enemies.

Mortal like in they could even kill.

You might want to take off that oil using detergent before it causes you danger.

3 Likes

yes but is it possible like due to heat when riding will it go away or have to do the above?

2 Likes

Don’t take the risk with the disk, buddy. Be proactive and clean it up. Better than being sorry.

5 Likes

Hi. I’m sorry that I couldn’t get back to you sooner, sufficient time hadn’t elapsed for me to comment on the life of the coating. I think it’s been about 6 months since I applied it and the coating on the paint parts is pretty good. It didn’t last on the metal surface (the bar on the rear end) and on the black fiber. It depends on how much you wash the vehicle. The lesser you wash it, the longer it stays. I can confirm however that water is still beading on the paint surfaces (not as much as before). I wash my vehicle once in 2 - 3 months. The rain usually washes off the old dirt. So you don’t actually need soap as well unless it’s really really dirty. Overall I’m happy with the product for the price I paid for it.

1 Like

True that ! Clean ASAP

1 Like

Yes bro, my thinking was also same. During rainy season, I can find more dirt on mud guards under neath and even above, shock absorbers, near the rear wheel area. I can see full of mud. I need to clean daily which is not possible. Think there is flaw in the design itself. As you said I can’t see in my other vehicles.

2 Likes

Is there any recommended place in Bangalore from where I can get my Ather washed?

3 Likes