Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Thank you @abhishek.balaji, efficiency was another part which I did not know how to explain coz I did not know how to calculate it. Thank you for explaining this to us. The lower the efficiency, the higher the range.

28 Likes

update the blog giving Abhishek the credits :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Very nicely explained. :ok_hand:t2: :+1:t2: It would help if ather can provide real time efficiency figure on the dashboard.

13 Likes

Two of my ride statistics from today’s ride. 1.

Trust me the second one was not fun Riding though in Warp mode…

You know why… :wink:

16 Likes

Mine is always glowing red irrespective of maintaining 30-40 kmph In ride mode

9 Likes

Red on the screen indicates excessive battery usage, speed does not matter here. I get green on the screen even at 60kmph. It all depends on the riding style as I have explained in this topic. Try to ride smooth and do not accelerate suddenly, do not apply brakes suddenly. Try to maintain constant speed (whatever the speed be) wherever possible. Also check tyre pressure.

When you see red on the screen, try to slowdown until it vanishes and gradually increase the speed. It always works for me.

20 Likes

Thanks. Will try again and let you know.

15 Likes

THIS is underrated!. Because we never visit a petrol bunk, we don’t really bother to check the tyre pressure, especially if you are one to not use the vehicle everyday.

I checked mine after a very long time, front was at 25psi while rear had a meagre 14psi!.

23 Likes

@saranyam.13891 @vigneshkrissh95 I think Abhishek is talking about real-time efficiency which comes in right side. Not the regular green, pale green, brown and red.

The real-time efficiency is always shows red even when doing a small throttle. But when we increase throttle it gives little big red. Only on zero throttle its not showing red, its very hard to understand it for me.

16 Likes

It’s the same red I was talking about too. This is the one you need to keep an eye on.

It happens when throttled fast or riding uphill. When you see red, gradually decrease the speed and it goes away. You can increase the speed gradually after this and try to maintain constant speed if you can (I know! Bangalore roads :roll_eyes:), you won’t see this red anymore unless you are throttling too fast or riding uphill.

I don’t see much red in my rides as I follow all the tips from this topic all the time. This is one of the reasons I get good range.

19 Likes

You can throttle hard and not have it show deep red because laden weight is low and the motor requires lesser torque/power to pull you.

The Red halo indicates higher power draw. You can see this even in eco mode if reminding pillion and move from a stopped position.

There are times when you cannot avoid it - riding out of a basement garage, starting with a pillion, just after a very heavy lunch…

12 Likes

@saranyam.13891 Still I am confused.

Just wanna clear it, I am talking about real-time efficiency indicator which will not be on by default. Which will not be colour changed from green to red. The real-time efficiency indicator always shows red in colour it may increase the size of red.

Maybe I think it always shows some red on the minimum throttle in dark theme, I should check it in light theme for difference on little throttle and hight throttle.

9 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, I was always talking about the right red around range, which is marked real time efficiency in the image. I have never seen the other red that’s occupying the entire screen, maybe because I haven’t gone at max speed at any mode. I get brown color sometimes when I ride at higher speed.

So all my tips on RED and GREEN was about this Right Red and the Left Green.

So the right red goes away if you slow down when you see it, and gradually increase the speed.

No matter which red you get, if you get red on the screen slow down and gradually increase the speed once the red is gone.

And it is unavoidable in certain situations, like when you are going uphill or ride with a heavy load. But I have controlled/avoided it even with a pillion rider by following the tips mentioned in this thread.

14 Likes

With your tips now range anxiety is gone.

17 Likes

This is great! Happy to help.

Happy flight :blush:

11 Likes

I never get Green @60km/hr

It’s close to Orange.

It’s green upto 50km/hr.

7 Likes

Around 20km in 1hr means your avg speed is 20. I feel it must in heavy traffic

12 Likes

If Ather can provide any manual for its Software (App) along with the Hardware (Scooter), I believe we can explore more and improve the ride quality little better. It will also avoid any confusion as to what is the significance of any feature.

:slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

You are good if you get orange/brownish, I too get this sometimes, I think this indicates we are close to the top speed.

12 Likes

I always get a red halo on the right no matter what even if I throttle a little consciously.

19 Likes