The scooters security concerns

@melvin.wilson @tarun @swapnil.iitm @abhishek.balaji

Hey i have a concern about the Ather as a whole. What is the security level of the scooter. Is the scooter hackable. Since its a smart scooter i have this concern. What security measures is the Ather built on. I just want to kno about the safety becoz i have never seen any one from Ather talking about this particular matter. It shuldnt be like some one sitting somewer can remotely access my scooter or its modes

4 Likes

I have prebooked Ather, really wanted to know the answer for this question?

Is Ather using google play services to provide google maps navigation? if yes, google play services can track and collect a lot of data on daily basis, is there any way to install open source maps in Ather scooter? Ather should have given this option

Good question. I was wondering the same but with ride data. What if someone’s speeding and gets into an accident? Does Ather share ride statistics with the insurance company?

1 Like

@maniashwin3003 @krishnadasunni003 @someshau Please could you inform all newcomers too, it is very useful to know as it is the most expensive EV on the market.

Thank you all in advance.

2 Likes

Open source / Linux based is this what you mean ? And would an open source security have privacy as opposed to google which is linked to all and sundry ?