The older user interface as an optional theme/themes

I think the older user interface was much better than what we have in the ELIO release.

The speedo number was bigger and easily legible even from your peripheral vision. The colour halo was very useful in helping to maintain a steady speed for optimal efficiency, โ€œwings of powerโ€ on the other hand :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:. The dual trip meters are dearly missed.

Also the lack auto dark-light switching is an absolute bane which further ruins visibility in different conditions.

Itโ€™s nice that theyโ€™ve tried to spruce up the os to look more like techy gadget but at the end of the day we need our scooter to be a scooter. I think the old interface did that perfectly, the only real issue was the lag.

Needless bling can be a usp for other brands no need for that in an Ather.

/*So please include switching between different themes as an option or give people the ability to roll back to an older version or include multiple themes */

I dont think it would be that hard to cook up a version of the legacy os that incorporate the newer elements like auto hold , smoother maps and charge limiting.

I believe this should be the no. 1 priority right now as it would both be an easy feature implement and a welcome one by most ppl in this community.

21 Likes

honestly old speedometer was one of reason fell in love with Ather.I used to peep into other athers dash and watch it go green to red until I got mine cause of 5 month wait period last year,sad I only got to use it on my Ather for couple months.

even if it returns it wont look as good before cause of statusbar uptop compared to older notch

11 Likes

CFBR. I want this back ASAP.

3 Likes

So true plus it made use of the whole dash unlike present it dose look good it would be great to have an option to change what u want that would be really good tbh

4 Likes

Yes the Older UI looked nicer than the Newer UI. Please bring it back Ather !!

4 Likes

Current 5.12 Update is just a Bug Fix. Actual Ather Stack 6 will be released on April 6th. Also It will be available for the Ather Community Day Attendees. Others will take sometime.

1 Like

Please those who attend Community Day ask for this at least as option. I hate this current U.I especially on Apex where it Dark mode 24/7 which is not eligible in day at all.

3 Likes

holy crap just found out apex doesnt have light theme,why? that seems really wierd

2 Likes

Because current version is just stopgap before big Atherstack 6 thatโ€™s why they didnโ€™t add it at all

7 Likes

but standard 450x (well all athers currently) have light and dark mode then why not apex as its running on same OS? they dont have to make it seprately for apex its just a theme

1 Like

It can be done they had separate theme for Series 1 also which used to work with both light/dark mode but it was removed when Atherstack 5 was introduced in Community day 2023. Even Apex also same fate as of now wrap animation is there it will be removed post max to max year

4 Likes

the thought of Ather choosing a theme for just warp+ that requires to stay in dark is wierd as the display even at full brightness in light theme is barely readable in sunlight,for people who paid 10-20k over 450x hr its a major inconvinience

2 Likes

Hoping that it changes post community Day if not itโ€™s real inconvenience

1 Like

Getting good old figures after latest update 5.12.

This is with pillion. Total weight 140 kgs. Charger and water bottle in boot.

Tpms still not changing values.

4 Likes

Rise TPMS issue it seems they are not aware that TPMS is not functioning at all. Even i have done the same

3 Likes

Yeah, same even I raised a ticket about the values being unchanged.

1 Like

If you get update regarding TPMS can you share here?

2 Likes

ayooo imma need that theme on 450x bruh :credit_card: :credit_card: :credit_card:

i need my color TFT to show more than just one theme am tired from wings of power

@abhishek.balaji Please give us something that uses the whole screen with big fonts like rizta or the old UI

7 Likes

Spoke to someone from the Ather Stack dev team yesterday. They mentioned that this theme is exclusive to the Rizta line. Apparently they are working on themes for the 450x but he said donโ€™t expect to see it soon.

6 Likes