The Funny Side

Will try that from now. :joy:

1 Like

On the roads I travel regularly, people have lost interest on ather I guess :slightly_frowning_face: or they have seen too many. No one is asking me questions. :joy::thinking:

10 Likes

Talking about speed I would tell what @AnaghDeshpande said HELL NO

After 95 Kmph it struggles to reach 100 Kmph

140 is very far. :smiley:

3 Likes

Aprilia SR150 has a very unsafe top end just like the vespa and most scooties including ntorq. Maxes out at 120, ntorq though feels the fastest(acceleration) amongst scooters though top speed is 110-115

1 Like

Quick doubt which I have is i drive both ntorq and ather450 on a weekly basis and being an irresponsible prick have raced both, I have done no scientific test but Ather feels just faster and I complete diatances faster in real life. Despite that all reviews say Ather is slower in acceleration than ntorq. This remains a mystery to me. I donā€™t have vbox or any other equipment to test though

5 Likes

may be quick acceleration is making difference

2 Likes

Same here.
No questions, but still turns heads!!

Bangaloriens learned about Ather, so many know about Ather. In our Lab, most of them googled and got informationā€¦ they are asking last two days where is my flight and some people asking for test driveā€¦

2 Likes

For ntorq to go faster you need to accelerate harder and that sound of engine makes u accelerate slowly. And the size of ntorq doesnā€™t give u enough confidence to overtake vehicles in small gaps

In case of Ather, you can accelerate hard n still feel like u havenā€™t reached any speed. And enough enough confidence to overtake

Ntorq is only faster on highways when compared with Ather 450

9 Likes

But it still manages to get attention. Thatā€™s what exactly I wanted.

1 Like

But still if they have a pillion and see an Ather they talk with themselves. ā€œMaga electric gaadi Adu, Ather gaadi Adu, petrol bekagallaā€ Iā€™ve got sharp ears. But they donā€™t ask us.

11 Likes

True that, Iā€™ve heard a lot of people saying ā€œbattery gaadi adhuā€

2 Likes

one of senior managerā€™s in my dep, from the time have given test ride to him,

every Monday comes to me and checks where did i go and how is flight doing!!

above is not funny but

he starts referring the flight as battery operated scooter

i still didnt get the logic,

every time i try to correct him that battery is just the source of energy, like fuel!

7 Likes

Itā€™s like calling ICE vehicles ā€œPetrol tank gaadiā€

10 Likes

yeah good idea

ill next time refer his car as petrol tank operated car may be then it will strike him!!

14 Likes

Itā€™s still operated by battery right? :joy:

2 Likes

Howdu :joy: I donā€™t get offended or anything.

Itā€™s like your laptops/ portable devices are run on battery. And your desktop is run directly on electricity.

2 Likes

But he is rightā€¦ As per definition, Ather is a BEV - Battery Electric Vehicle.
Mild Hybrid (Mild HEV), Strong Hybrid (Strong HEV), Plugin Hybrid (PHEV) and BEV are collectively referred to as xHEV in all gazette notifications (FAME for example)
Ather, E20, Okinawa and all such are BEVs

3 Likes

yeah kind of

but there is no other way, at least for now to store electricity! - for vehicles which are meant for road

i dont find a point/logic saying BEV at least for now

unless we have power lines on the road hanging from above and we hook our vehicle to it, or wireless induction tech on the road to propel the vehicleā€¦which might qualify for word EVā€™s as per above assumptions as there is no battery!!

Honestly it does make sense. All our portable devices, EVs are run on battery. Thereā€™s nothing to get offended :joy:

1 Like