Post pictures of your Ather Delivery!

Finally my Ather 450 is here! Gonna experiment with hypermieling techniques. After a lot of research and talking with current owners decided an EV is what I need.

Order Timelines:

1. Pre-Order: 15th July
  2. Payment Window: 1st August [Applied for Lease]. 3rd August [Lease Approved and Payment Done]
  3. Charger Installation: 5th August
  4. Insurance Issued: 7th August
  5. Ather Delivery: 23rd August

The best part was I got an amazing RTO passing number randomly assigned :smiley:

21 Likes

The wait was really long, but finally

Heres my timline:

Pre-Order: 27th June
Payment Window: 9th August, payment was done on 11th Aug
Pod Installatin and Form 20: 14th Aug
RTO registraion: 20th Aug
Delivery: 25th Aug

Now here’s my first impression (apart from the test rides)

The suspension and brakes are fabulous. Features are like none other vehicle in the market.
And the torque omg, it’s amazing.

I found the buttons to be flimsy, the high frequency sound(not from the motor) between speeds 0 and 25 is really loud and gets annoying. Hopefully goes away after a 1000kms.
The fan sound while charging is pretty high. The thing that annoyed me most is the dasboard, it crashed twice and I had to restart it both the times to get it working. This happend within 6 hours of delivery, so I am a little bit concerned. The dasboard feels outdated and freezes a lot, like using an old phone. Lots of glitches.

Hoping for a software update to clear out these glitches and the freezing of the screen :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Hi All, sorry but I my order ID being 12923 got the delivery on Sunday the 22nd September. I have taken the vehicle to DHARWAD & sincerely & for surely been having a great time around. With all the curious people looking from the pod at my home to the vehicle during my travel to the market or my workplace.
Had to pleasantly oblige few curious test drives too…
All good with lot of excitement till now, happy…

11 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Owners in Chennai, tell us your experience!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Order Swapping

Hey all,

My 450 was delivered today morning. Both Ather and Autovert representatives were very polite and professional. Ride back home was 18kms and it actually reduced 19kms from the range. Overall the delivery was very smooth and fast.

Left Ather space with 87% and reached home with around 65%, the charging through dot was not at all slow. I might feel this because I haven’t experienced pod at all. It took around 40 mins to reach 80% and almost 1 hr 45 mins to 100 from 63. My dad liked the scooter a lot and even I am glad I got this !! Except the looooong waiting times and some communication gaps between customer and also internal teams, the ownership has been pleasant until now.
Will post my ownership experience after I clock some kms.
Here are some pictures.

Thanks everyone.

11 Likes

Excellent! Congratulations on your new buy. And thanks for sharing your experience so far. We exchanged so many msgs :smiley: One day when I have mine we will meet up :+1:t4:

1 Like

Thank you very much, 100% we’ll meet for sure :+1:. And do let us know your experience !!

1 Like

Congrats :+1:
How did you got it yesterday when your registration number is later then mine and my delivery is scheduled tomorrow (but am taking it on 15th):thinking:

What’s your order ID ? Maybe the RTO messed up the order not sure

Finally got my scooter delivered on 15th November

Delivered post 7 days of final payment
8th November - final payment gateway opened and payment completed
8th November - Form 20 collection
9th November - Ather dot installation
12th November - Invoicing of the scooter
13th November - RTO Registration ( temporary registration)
15th November - Delivery of the scooter

1 Like

I got my vehicle delivered on 15th November 2019

Pre Ordered Date 27-July-2019
Planned Delivery – September 2019
Payment window opened – 22-October 2019
Ather Dot installed – 26-October 2019
Form 20 Signed – 1 November 2019
Vehicle registration in RTO – 08-November 2019
Actual Delivery – 15-November 2019

5 Likes

finally my flight received today…

7 Likes

Few flights are ready to be delivered

2 Likes

Took delivery of my 450 this fine morning. :blush:

6 Likes

Had an account transfer, anyway, finally took delivery:
Pre-ordered: August 3rd
Payment window opened: November 4th
Full payment: November 5th
Delivery: November 23rd

It was the first time I had driven an Ather (you can call me careless for not test driving before purchasing, but I wanted to be impressed, so I chose not to, and took word of mouth at face value).

I used to ride a KTM Duke 390 before (brother’s bike), so I can give the perspective of someone coming from a powerful bike:

The KTM definitely feels a whole lot faster and powerful, and post 15kmph, it accelerates much faster than the Ather. The Ather accelerates at about the same rate upto 15kmph. It is however, faster at accelerating than most non racing grade bikes.

The ride is a lot more comfortable than the KTM.

The maps navigation is very glitchy, especially when zooming in and out of the map. The dashboard froze twice already, and I had to restart it. However, if you don’t fiddle around with the map other than setting up the navigation, it seems relatively smooth. The UI is a bit slow, but it’s enough for what it does.

I was getting better mileage than what was estimated (from showroom to my home, which is about 10km away). I drove in sports mode, and I intend to always drive in sports mode.

Honestly, the power is a lot less than I expected, but I’m coming from a way more powerful bike, so using sports mode only is a solid compromise for the convenience of a smart scooter. It’s a lot more fun to ride though, because people don’t expect it to be as fast and nimble as it is.

The guide who took me through using the vehicle was very nice and helpful. The 3G data had me worried when purchasing, but the data seems to be keeping up with whatever the scooter needs, so that’s fine. Just worried about the scenario when a phase out happens.

Overall, very pleasant experience.

5 Likes

My first ‘GREEN PLATED’ set of 2 wheels is here!!
And its already flying on roads of Mysuru!!
Has already beaten a KTM Duke at a signal and has attracted 5 queries in just first half an hour of its life with me!
My son just loved going wheeeeeeeee…

I must acknowledge support from 3 people from Ather CC who helped me in keeping things moving on my order. A big THANK YOU to Rehan, Souvik and Aishwarya! Thanks to Abhishek for handling my anguish really well on forum!
And thank you to Meet (hope that’s how its spelt) at Ather Space for a smooth delivery process and helping getting the vehicle loaded onto the transport vehicle for its journey to Mysore!

5 Likes

Congratulations Samarth! Did you ride it back to Mysuru? If yes, would like to hear your experience

Since you are in Mysuru, one warning…Do not shut down the scooter daily till Ather finds a solution to the BMS issue

Otherwise, enjoy Wheeeing. Matte innondu dina Mysurige bandre sigona :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi @hemanth.anand No, didn’t drive as I had driven by car with family to Bangalore for delivery. It’s actually a gift to my wife.

Haage, neevu next time Mysurige bandare tappade meet madona…

Thanks for heads up… I won’t shut it down at all…

Saar!! Haage, nammana member inda owner maadi saar! Innu namma profile member anta torastaide!!

6 Likes

Good morning everyone,
Took my flight delivery yesterday the 29th of November.
Booked on May 13th 2019
Payment window opened on July 2nd week
Full payment made 16th November 2019
RTO 23rd Nov
Ather dot installation 26th Nov 2019
Finally took delivery on 29th :grin:.
No rides yet since I had to travel out of station so handed over the scooter to my brother and left from Ather space.
It was nice speaking to relation partner. He was so polite and helpful and did not delay much.
Thank you so much @Ather.Team #community:ather-forum

8 Likes