Submit your petrol resume!

You’ve seen the Ather 450X on track, think you can do better on your petrol bike? Get ready to change your perception about electric, by taking on Warp Mode!

Tell us why you are the right one to take on the Ather 450X on track through a series of challenges.

• What do you currently ride?
  • How many years have you been riding + how many km under your belt?
  • What’s your greatest achievement riding a petrol bike?
  • Why do you want to represent team petrol?

Here’s how to enter:

1. Hit the reply button
  2. Answer the above questions
  3. Get your friends to like your post!

The posts with the top likes will be invited to participate in future Warp Vs Petrol sessions in their city!

3 Likes
  1. Kawasaki Ninja 650 (2015)
  2. Riding regularly since 1997. Done about 1.5L plus kilometers on the three bikes that I’ve owned.
  3. Attended CSS in Chennai in 2017, got my Level 3 certification. Plus I rode to Pune and back solo without getting myself killed :smile:
  4. The future is electric, no doubt about it. We’re getting there and Ather is a good start for electric two wheelers. Meanwhile, it would be fun to pit against Ather and see how it performs (or outperforms) the ICE.
15 Likes
  • What do you currently ride?

Currently riding KTM Duke 250. Owned this bike for about a year.

13 years of riding experience. Started riding at the age of 18 and have been doing it ever since. Got just under 90K kms in that time. Would have been more if I didn’t move to the US for 2 years for my education.

Leh-Ladakah.

US West coast ride from California to Vancouver, Canada.

I’m very intrigued by the idea of electric 2 wheelers. I see lots of potential, but also doubt whether it can really match up to the sheer thrill of riding petrol (and I’m also talking about the intagibles like the sound of the engine, knowing how to push yor bike to it’s limits, etc). I’m also willing to accept when I am wrong, so would be great to see my perceptions challenged.

12 Likes

Do the petrol scooters get road side assistance for running out of fuel ? Saw some tilting down their bike and trying to start, felt sorry.

2 Likes
  1. Currently riding Aprilia SR150
  2. I have been riding this muscular two-wheeler since 2 years, completed 6,000+ KM all in Mumbai itself. However, I started riding petrol bike or scooter when I was class 6th and my foot did not touch the ground. Since then, I would have covered more than 1lacs+ KM (I’m 24 now).
  3. I’ve covered every lane and roads of Mumbai by my mighty automobile
  4. The kind of power, thrust, and sound I get from my petrol bike is sort of beyond the scope of an electric two-wheeler. Even when I’ll travel to Ladakh or Gurudongmar Lake someday, I’ll fulfill the thirst of my petrol bike without any issue from one of the 70,000+ petrol pumps in India throughout my journey. Electric bikes are something that has a lot of limitations, althought, does no harm to environment.
3 Likes

1.What do you currently ride? –> Currently riding Kawasaki Z650 and Xpulse200

2.How many years have you been riding + how many km under your belt? –> Started riding from the age of 16, First bike at age of 18 was Pulsar 150 , then bought my own Benelli TNT250 and a year back upgraded my self to Z650 and for off road trails using Xpulse200 Overall 1 lack Km+ experience in burning the rubbers on road (from all 4 Bikes) .

1. What’s your greatest achievement riding a petrol bike? –> Being on the Kardungla top in my Benelli TNT25 at freezing 5Deg C temperature was my achievement I would consider . Did my Leh trip in my Benelli for 15 days in 2019 .

2. Why do you want to represent team petrol? –> Easily refillable when required to kick start the journey again and also for the power and the smoothness of the engine it offers.

6 Likes

1. What do you currently ride?

Started driving at the age of 16 from XL Super and Pep+, moved over slowly to kinetic honda and Activa. Current ride includes Fascino & Yamaha SZ RR. Have been using both these vehicles for past 5 years. Have been occasionally using Enfields for small trips & outside city journeys.

2. How many years have you been riding + how many km under your belt?

With over 10 years of riding experience, I have a total of around 1.5 lakhs km of 2 wheeler riding.

3. What’s your greatest achievement riding a petrol bike?

Exploring the lesser travelled off-road paths in and around Munnar/ Idukki district.

4. Why do you want to represent team petrol?

I feel that the power response at a higher speed is better in petrol vehicles. Also, the sound of both the high revving engines and the bass thumps of Enfield’s is wonderful to experience.

• What do you currently ride? I currently ride KTM Duke 250

I have started riding bikes since my 10th standard (2006), when we had bought our first bike Hero Honda CD100SS and now i have my KTM duke 250 riding since 2019, Clocked around 16.5K kilometers and before that i had my CBR 150 clocked around16k KM, and many kilometers riding different bikes but had only memories but no counted numbers :wink:.

The petrol bike achivement, covering some paces in lower himalyas, and some places in states of karnataka, kerala and tamilnadu.

Petrol motorcycle riders always have an better feel when the bike runs in its optimum performance with a punchy exhaust note, where it keeps more fun to ride in that moment. Just wanted to see riding electric would match the same fun in riding or it downgrades your feel in riding. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
  • What do you currently ride? Interceptor 650
  • How many years have you been riding + how many km under your belt? 4yrs riding tvs wego 12000km
  • What’s your greatest achievement riding a petrol bike? Can go super long distance like 200+km
  • Why do you want to represent team petrol? Coz sound is essential in a vehicle or else you might sleep while riding coz of relaxed nature be it the engine revving or the exhaust note
  1. Well they are multiple rides I have there is Suzuki Access, Aprilia SR150 and Ktm 390.
  2. 25 years Many be more then couple of lacs.
  3. Yamaha Ray Ride from My home to Puttaparthi total of 975km in 21hrs on 113cc Scooter.
  4. refueling is quick .

Just on side note I have 450x Series 1 Hey I want to be on Ather side because its the future

1 Like