Solar Charging

Then as long as your grid is stable you do not need to worry about inverter capacity

3 Likes

Yes I am using dot charging on solar from day I bought and install dot at home.

I have installed solar inverter with 3kv capacity and dot charging is working fine.

4 Likes

Hiii there @deepak23blr I would like to know some information regarding solar charger for an ather 450x like :

1.Solar panel capacity (50w -100w-200w- 400w) 2.Any specific type of Controller 3.Inverter capacity (1.5 kw - 3kw) and output of inverter 4.Is it necessary to have Dot charger for solar chargingā€¦ or can we use normal(home) charger How long does it take to charge

Please help me with this information

1 Like

@andrea.tilli007

1. To charge 450x you are advised to use atleast 1.5 to 2kw inverter, because the peak load the Dot charger consumes is around 700 to 800 watts with no surge.
  2. If you already have a standard home inverter and wish to connect solar to it then you need a controller.
  3. Solar panel depends on the inverter thatā€™s is in use. For instance if you are looking to charge the 450x completely of solar you would need atleast 6 panels of 375watts each that gives you around 2kw of solar capacity more than sufficient. This is considering cloud and rainy days. Else you could go for even 4nos.
  4. With respect to point no 4 I am not sure when you mean home charger. Assuming you have a Dot charger or portable charger you can do it as you normally charge.
  5. Time depends on your current charge levels, a fully drained 450x takes some where in order of 4Hrs to fully charge.

Feel free to connect if you need more information.

5 Likes

@rajeev.cacwa Can you share you solar setup , as Im using Luminous optimus 2300 which is a 1600 watts continuous inverter max with a 40 amps charge controller from amberroot and 150 AH c10 rated 2 batteries and once I plug in the Ather it continuously drains the battery and within 5 mins batter goes to low voltage switches off . powered by 6 x 330watts panel .I have Ather 450 version 1 that was released in 2019.

Hi There,

In your setup scenario, charging should work on inverter, the problem you are seeing could be due to

1. Your charge controller is not effeciently convering all the available power from solar.
  2. Try connecting only the vehicle for charging disconnecting other home loads and that too when sun is at peak

Try and let me know, happy to help you with more details if required.

Iā€™d say thatā€™s an inefficient way of charging. The panels generate DC. The inverter converts that to AC. Then your charger converts it back to DC to charge the battery. If we can just get a DC-DC step down transformer, you can directly fast change the battery.

1 Like

Yes we can use DOT charger on solar inverter. I am using it and charging my Ather 450x gen 2 for almost 2and half years in home . Till now havenā€™t faced any issues.

1 Like