Simulated engine noise at low speeds

Haudu!

what is KSA? :

Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Our footpaths are leased out for delivery boys of Uber Eats, Swiggy, Zomatoā€¦ in the gap, some of the two wheeler heroes uses it :wink:

6 Likes

Hello, iā€™ve seen the reactions about adding exhaust/petrol motor sound to the bike suggestion and some people really doesnt want this feature but as the bike has already bluetooth and smart features, it should be possible and not so complicated to allow to pair a bluetooth speaker as an option to add sounds to the bike, no? I think it would be great and a small speaker should even fit under the front of the seat (under the green metallic part. Just a reflexion, but yes, for me it would be safer if people hear you coming, iā€™m not a big fan of using the horn everytimeā€¦

The 450 does not have bluetooth tough. It has smart features using 3G mobile networks.

1 Like

I think there is already simulated engine noise at low speed <20 kmph, the loud whine noise from Ather.
Itā€™'s the only irritating thing as of now from Ather i could observe.

If at all, i would ask ather to give user an option to switch it off completely for a completely silent ride, just like a Tesla or Zero motorcycle.

Note: Motor whining noise at high speed is due to the high rpm of motor noise, but at low speed the motor can be properly dampened to complete silent !

Please no loud sound/pipe save lives dialog.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Home Charging

Not simulated. Larger vehicles have the luxury of a completely enclosed motor, hence you canā€™t hear it when riding. Most often, when I use a good padded helmet, itā€™s pretty silent.

The simulated noise would be useful in parking lots or at very low speeds. Also, it shoudnā€™t be a loud sound or a fake engine noise.

Something like this - Acoustic pedestrian protection:

Some more links:

3 Likes

Perhaps this applies to a mic! :smiley:

I was actually not expecting higher whinning sound at low speeds from Ather, since iā€™m (weā€™re) used to hear silent E-Bikes (hub motor-ed). If given choice iā€™d lower that whining to NULL :zipper_mouth_face:
(sad part) more whining doesnā€™t actually outputs in higher performance (directly proportional like ICE bikes(except Bullet) :crazy_face: )

It would be helpful if there is some sort of sound notification when the vechile is standstill and the motor is on. This can help avoid accidental throttling.

The advice is to hit the kill switch once you come to stand still. Safer and less annoying than a random continuous sound. :sweat_smile:

Sound notification only during standstill and motor is on, definitely not for continues revving. It Can be a optional feature like we have for turn indicators, park assist. Who like to have it can be turned on. I feel it will be helpful as a safety feature

Iā€™d vouch otherwise. Yes, it seems a safety feature, but people have to get used to it and get accustomed to lesser noise.

This was similar it electrification of trains. I live close to tracks and when electrification was done, there was an initial scare about the silent electric engine coming in quickly. People got accustomed to it very fast, though.

If simulated noise is introduced and trends, it might soon become a mandatory feature, losing a major benefit.

I wonder how Tesla autopilot would fare on such roads.

On a lighter note, My friend used to say that Tesla will use neuralink on the brain of 3 dedicated autorickshaw drivers subjects, like in Minority Reports or so to get intelligence to wade through local traffic :joy:

1 Like

ā€˜Dedicatedā€™ auto-rickshaw drivers? Itā€™d be fun to elaborate on how ā€˜dedicatedly rashā€™ theyā€™d have to be on the road to gather intelligence on driving patterns.

Gosh no. The scooter is already noisy enough. :grinning:

1 Like

I would vote for simulated noise cancellation

1 Like