Simulated engine noise at low speeds

Want a feature where we are able to make fake engine sounds when using throttle and idling.
Even better idea - Let us upload a custom audio to use.
I would use this masterpiece - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCQQXXjVs8

2 Likes

Revolt is doing this on their bike. It would need a speaker to be fitted on the vehicle. Don’t think Ather 450 has any speakers.

IMO, I like the natural electric motor’s whine… hence many have aptly named their vehicles as ‘Flight xxxx’.

4 Likes

The Ather 450 has a speaker. It’s just above the bag hook on the inside of that panel.

2 Likes

Interesting. Thanks for pointing that out, I was not aware.

@raghav.srinivasan how did you get to know about this? I’ve never heard anyone from ather or any of the owners talk about this before?

@Ather.Team can you confirm the presence of a speaker on the 450 to generate the engine/motor sound?

2 Likes

Really.
Never noticed

It does have a speaker. That’s how the horn and the indicators work I suppose :slight_smile: Not sure of the location though.
I like the electric whine of the motor too. I don’t think they should add a fake sound like Revolt did.

2 Likes

The horn is a seperate piece of hardware - no way a speaker can support that tone and level without cracking.

The speaker is to support the chimes and bells for startup, turn indicator etc.

8 Likes

Ah ok, now i get it. I was earlier referring to a separate speaker that imitates the sound of an IC engine. Don’t think the 450 has that a la Revolt, and thankfully!

1 Like

inducing exhaust note / engine sound into a vehicle is disgusting. I would never buy a vehicle with fake sounds.

12 Likes

if i find it on my vehicle - ill remove it

6 Likes

Even Kona Electric is going to do that, for pedestrian safety…

I am not sure abt others. When BMTC got brand new Volvos 10 years back, it was pedestrian’s nightmare with high speed and hardly any sound just passes by with inches away, with no way for others to know…

3 Likes

It’s still ridiculous. People should have some kind of road awareness. People who are driving as well as people walking/crossing the roads.

3 Likes

In the states, yes there is a requirement for a hybrid or EV to make artificial noise to alert visually impaired or hearing impaired pedestrians.

In India, everybody honks like the apocalypse is coming. More than enough of an auditory warning for pedestrians.

14 Likes

That’s because in the USA and other countries, people who are driving respect or rather scared for the pedestrians. They stop for peds. Here no one cares for peds. No discipline in people whatsoever.

8 Likes

True… But if everyone does everything correctly every time then we don’t need.

Why do you think DRL came into picture as a part of BS norms, when every vehicle had headlights already.

Because if a driver does not switch on by mistake, that should not cause problem to others. So make DRL which is ON all the time.

Yes it’s useless for everyone who already follows the rules. But given reality some rules are required for safety.

1 Like

Exactly… Pedestrians cross thinking they will not stop for us anytime…

Vehicles don’t stop thinking anyway they will cross all the time. If we give way we have to keep giving

1 Like

True. After living in KSA for 15 years, then coming to BLR, I found it horrible to even walk. Reason- no footpath.

After 2 years, when I was driving car with my dad, I didn’t feel comfortable driving without honking. Reason- no footpath, people want to walk in the center of the Road!!

1 Like

I don’t feel safe to drive/ride/walk at all. Bangalore is better compared to a few other major cities in India. But when we’re driving a car, we blame the two wheeler’s for haphazard riding. When we are riding a two wheeler we feel that whatever way we ride is fine. But its absolutely not. Whenever we are walking/crossing the road, we would have to be extra careful because stupid guys don’t give way to peds. There is absolutely no discipline in people . They don’t even know what lane discipline is, always waiting to cut us of the lane. And the Auto guys are perfect since birth.

5 Likes

Lane discipline-- yaru adu?

3 Likes

LOL :joy::joy:
Have you observed? there are no lanes at all in Bangalore. 90% of the roads are not marked. So people are not educated with lane discipline.

3 Likes