Simple Energy One

Happen to see some photos from the preview event given to auto journalists. It looked like the dashboard was missing buttons/switches and comments that whatever was given for the test ride was still a proto.

Atleast Emflux Ultraviolette at their F77 unveil set very clear expectations that the models were prototypes and no where near production.

7 Likes

If there is a rewind button for simple they could finish the product and then launch with exact specs. I think with 7kW instead of 8.5Kw motor peak power, even if 3.5 seconds for 0-40 and 105 kmph top speed they could get good sales for the big battery and 20k lower price than s1 pro. 72Nm I don’t know how its possible youtubers say its equivalent to 500- 600 cc bike. Ola says 58 Nm at motor shaft. How ather calculated we don’t know but warp itself is enough to throw pillion down. Powerbank for EV was possible if we get spare removable battery. Good ideas but Bad execution.

3 Likes

Where the heck is F77 btw? J am desperately waiting for that one for sure. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

This is obviously not a scam, the real specs of both ola and simple might be out by september by the autocar , powerdrift,overdrive …journalists. Simple shouldnt have made these blunders.anyways will get a claer picture by sept.

3 Likes

Torque at motor shaft and the actual Torque delivered are completely different terms motor can deliver way more Torque at shaft then on wheels in ride conditions

3 Likes

Good that they have done an article of negatives of simple energy, the MAN who wrote that article ,seems to have written only one article about simple energy, that too only negatives ,and has tweeted about that one article in his twitter handle too, simple has the longest arai claimed range, they have cleverly put a removable , and removeable battery, developed their motors, suspension almost everything by themselves, we need appreciate the efforts put by these young minds which this MAN who wrote the article didnt do and now from no where came to criticize the start up, they will improve their product. and simple shouldnt have done these blunders, waiting for the for the riding reviews of OLA & SIMPLE

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not sure how it is “obvious” for you, but for many of us who are not journalists and saw the videos and read articles of the launch, it’s not been confidence inspiring. I’d love to be proved wrong and hence I’d not comment anything in a hurry (like the launch of the scooter appeared).

In the end, as they say, the proof is in the pudding. The product will decide what will be forgotten - these technical glitches or the brand itself. I truly wish success to Simple.

Whether he’s written only negatives, whether it is his only post, doesn’t convey anything IMO. All that matters is whether the content is factual or not. Just like how it doesn’t matter that you’ve joined this Forum an hour ago and immediately written this post. Nobody can say that out of nowhere you’ve come to defend this product.

Simple definitely have made some blunders in their launch, in their communication, in the displayed prototype, in their website…and made it hard for themselves.

Like I wrote earlier, the product will prove everything and we should wait for it before deciding its or its competitors’ fate.

13 Likes

Ather and Ola (Etergo) both are proven scooters, definitely simple one is not. Wait and see

Simple one fixed battery 3.2 kw, removable battery 1.6 kw (which we have to buy it separately,

Yep, I have been seeing all the comments about simple energy in Ather’s forum ,probably when this community was created, but today I felt I have to comment something about Simple, the website asked me to create an account for replying or adding a comment, so I had to create my account sir, Yes, I will defend an Indian startup for the years of time they have put on a product. India is still a developing country, and we need more startups like this one, and they should be successful, and nothing wrong in supporting or defending. Hope they come up with a product close to specs.

according to the CEO,we have to buy the fast charger, not the portable battery its included , if u need an extra portable battery , then u hav to pay extra

2 Likes

CEO never stand with his words, always wrong info given by him , portable battery is separate one we have to buy,

Fast is not allowed in home premises, check with the power ministry policy , if you install fast charger in your apartment or residence it should be under the commercial power reading,

That’s why all the brands are stick with slow charger in home,

3 Likes

Wait what??? I don’t know this exists a fast charger for any ev even for self use will come under commercial? I think the word commercial defines as if used for earning then commercial rule can apply otherwise not

2 Likes

This is what was communicated earlier.

1 Like

This tweet might get deleted anytime😂 I support Simple and hardwork they have put behind, but they have to be transparent not for everything but at least for minimum things. We are not here for charity, we see good product, we buy it… that’s the reason it got huge bookings initially.

Let’s hope, things are sorted and clear from Simple’s end.

5 Likes

2 Likes

If it’s included hope it will be good, but anytime he may remove the tweet, it happened from August 15th onwards,

Once the scooter comes road we will come to the conclusion.

No hope on simple energy,

Ola scooter already success in Netherlands market. Still simple is the pre production unit

Most of the support only for the range what they claimed… Will anyone tell what is the real range of simple one? It may be maximum 140 km

3 Likes

Don’t do predictions that it will have 140kms range or something else, wait for another month, you will get the real range for both Simple energy and Ola. Seems like you are getting 80-90km range for your scooter, although you bought it at a higher price compared to these 2 scooters, so you seem to be pissed off looking at these newly launched scooters’ range!:rofl::v:

1 Like

3 new users in the last 24 hours and all only posting on this thread :slight_smile:

And all seem to be sitting in the same house/room/office…. ip addresses don’t lie :joy:

8 Likes

It’s very simple to predict 1kw battery will give 30km range in the speed of 40-45 km/h ,

You can take this calculation in revolt to ather. 

Same way ola will give 30km more range in 450x, simple one will give 45-50 km more range than ather 450x in speed between 45-50.

Even both of the have little more powerful motor than the ather , real range should be 140 around in simple one, I can challenge you,

One of friend working to EV industry, this is fact, wait and see man.

Simple one won't cross 140km, may be If you ride a bike in 20kmh you will get what they claim.

Wait and see , I’m also here.

1 Like

I think Suhas was talking about a 3kw AC charger, higher than the standard 800w-1Kw ones that are provided for regular use.