Send to Scooter

This one feature is still struggling. No matter what I do, the location never gets sent to the scooter. In the rare occasions when it works, I am already half way to my destination. Btw, this feature is greatly useful because the navigation in the app avoids “car” routes which is damn great but if we can’t send it to the scooter it’s kinda alloying. What are your thoughts guys? Would you use this feature if it gets stable? :blush:

15 Likes

It’s usually a hit or miss and most of times i have noticed it works flawlessly when the dashboard network is good

And yeah nw just goes off frequently nowadays and I’ll have to restart each time

4 Likes

Yesterday evening I had the same problem… was traveling to a new location and send to scooter feature did not work… As usual, used my mobile to reach the destination. And nowadays the network goes down frequently and gets restored after restarting the scooter only. Hope Ather fixes these issues on a priority basis.

6 Likes

Hope it’s a software glitch and can be patched :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

These are never ending bugs. Honestly they have come a long way in terms of making the software experience a lot more stable but bugs still exist and sometimes when you need the stuff to work, they don’t work. I have been planning a trip to Lonavala and these stuff either don’t work or are unreliable:

• trip planner
  • send to scooter
  • the navigation option on scooter dashboard is not synced with the navigation in the app. And I don’t understand why…
1 Like

And the worst ever part is the Bluetooth connectivity :zipper_mouth_face:

6 Likes

I am happy to share that the recent update with trip planner has massively improved the “send to scooter” functionality. It’s really good and consistent. Thanks…! :heart:

3 Likes

For me, this only ever works if the Scooter is connected to my Phone via Bluetooth.

1 Like

Sounds weird because this feature doesn’t use Bluetooth. Hmm :thinking:

2 Likes

We faced a issue with the Feature in Ather trip @chef.arun7

Coimbatore to Trissur Ride we lost 10kms we even dont know why Ather maps @ather has been detoured it made us take route other than highway

3 Likes

Its a Mistake of Google Maps bro :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Got a 450x 3.1 last month and it always worked for me. With new update , it’s working from WhatsApp too.

2 Likes

Send to scooter works like a charm…! :blush::heart:

1 Like

Are you using a 450 (Model 1) or a different model because, this has not worked for me for a year.

It works flawlessly on my Gen 3 scooter. I can also send the location from the Google Maps app

1 Like

I think the problem here is with the Gen 1 scooter. Everything has been in a merry-go-round starting with the network and following with navigation and ending with send to scooter. :pensive:

Do you have issues with the network & maps? It sucks to see support removed for old gen scooters.

True. With the Connect Pro, the feature that were working at scooter launch have completely disappeared. Hopefully something will be worked out and really hope Ather hasn’t sunset 450 model scooter support.

1 Like

ASC asks for a 4G Dongle Upgrade. They are checking for availability and if available it will take an hour to upgrade.

ASC Nungambakkam, Chennai is out of stock with 4G dongles and will take 10 days. They are checking with other dealers for availability. Never realised mandatory upgrades go out of stock.

STRIKE THAT… They just found one module and are in the process of upgrading it.

1 Like