Scratch in my scooter

Today because of my stupidity my one month old vehicle got minor scratches due to my helmet strap hitted the vehicle whether any solution to remove the scratches

3 Likes

Try any scratch remover, same is available online and with local car accessory shops. Usually minor scratches can be easily removed

2 Likes

Due to the center stand unavailable for ather got 2 scratches on the side panels, can’t help few buggers won’t respect others vehicle or emotions.

12 Likes

Just use some rubbing compound. I’ve used Motomax 2k rubbing compound and some scratches have vanished quite nicely. Go along the grain of the scratch.

7 Likes

Can you share any link if you have brought from online

Can i use this one?

MOTOMAX 2K Rubbing Compound 100g | Removes Scratches, Paint defect and Oxidation from Cars, Bike, Motorbikes | Scratch Remover for All Auto Care Needs https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077TQRPZS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_AF2CBJ0ZTM0TXC5RWPNY

3 Likes

Rubbing compounds are effective only if the scratch is very thin hairline scratch. Else you may not be much satisfyied with the results.

3 Likes

2 years back I had bought this

It has provided good results for most of the small scratches. Note that scratches like black marks can be removed using rubbing compound. If you can feel deep scratches with your fingers, then rubbing compound will not be effective.

4 Likes

Yeah for small scratches only.

Can these scratches be removed using this rubbing compund.

Did you mean this black scratch can be removed using rubbing compund.

3 Likes

In the last photo, that’s chipped, meaning almost all layers of paint are gone, and it is back to its surface layer, The first photo can be rubbed though

2 Likes

Yes these kinda black marks will be removable using rubbing compound.

If the paint in last photo chipped as Praveen mentioned, then rubbing compound won’t help. Its hard to decide from photo. Give it a try you’ll get to know. When you apply just keep rubbing with your hand or sponge in circular motion until the scratches disappear.

2 Likes

Yeah the paint is only gone. So just wanted clarification.

Yeah, i tried to rub it with toothpaste😁 but that mark didn’t go. It has happened both the sides near the Ather sticker and looks ugly while seeing the Ather sticker. Well which one is best to use for those scratches. Shall i use motomax rubbing compund or waxpool rubbing compund which was suggested by @vijaynu4

2 Likes

I suggest to go for motomax. Since waxpool is 500g, the quantity will not be that much of use for anyone I think.

5 Likes

Go for 3M, I’ve seen the effects myself and they are extremely good, It’s not available now but it comes back in the next month or so buy that Else go for this

https://www.amazon.in/Meguiar-27s-ME-G17216-Meguair`s-G17216EU/dp/B002KKCLO6/ref=pd_di_sccai_cn_sccl_6/258-1729341-7633250?pd_rd_w=cyqHQ&pf_rd_p=80f839c3-4ae9-4b0c-a15b-c343d403d933&pf_rd_r=AKXNA30Z4JBGCAD7DYMB&pd_rd_r=8710c12b-85ce-4024-af35-6524ceffc300&pd_rd_wg=uDHRv&pd_rd_i=B002KKCLO6&psc=1

I have not used but I have seen in the videos of many DIY users claiming it can clear scratched surfaces up to 4 layers

3 Likes

Apply toothpaste & rubb… Then thanx me Later :wink:

Use apple phone sticker on it…

2 Likes

This seems like,if you have a broken mobile screen and you want to repair it in home put some rice and cover it and watch after 24hrs the screen will be fixed :rofl:…

2 Likes