Purchase process experience

It’s disappointing that I bought my Ather scooter in September 2023 at the Guindy showroom in Chennai, but I still haven’t received the RC book. There has been no follow-up from the showroom, and the service has been quite frustrating.please i’m need support.

Ather is not responsible for getting the smart card delivered. You need to check with your RTO for the same.

I never gotten the smart card it’s been 9 months

I remember Ather coordinating with RTO on getting the RC card shipped.

And my wife’s Chetak is now 8 months and we are yet to get RC card. So it’s very common.

Some KA RTOs are notorious. Brought a 2w and a 4w last year and both had their RCs shipped within 3 weeks.

A friend brought a car from the same dealer and same RTO - has been months and is yet to get his RC.

I remember another instance where a colleague went to the RTO for his RC card. The peon opened a almirah piled full of RC cards and asked him to search there by himself.

It’s truly a gamble with this particular govt dept.

2 Likes

Check if you can track the status of RC on the RTO website. I could do the same in Maharashtra

1 Like

Same experience in 2024 , i am from Puducherry , here Ather sales experience is same as worse as mentioned in this post. I wanted to get this scooter just because it is a good r and d and good quality scooter. Or else definetly i wouldn’t have bought it. I paid full amount of scooter and then the exact experience happened to me also in puducherry Ather showroom . Sales excecutives are careless and a lost cause.