Portable charger

when there isn’t enough voltage this happens no issue with charger, try different plug if voltage problem is all over the home then try after sometime

1 Like

Sure, thank you

@abhishek.balaji, can we opt for portable charger instead of dot. Costs extra?

@abhishek.balaji I would like to go for portable charger instead of dot. Because we stay in rented house and the owner does not want ather dot to be installed. I tried to convince my owner but no luck. So can you issue portable charger in place of ather dot?

I also had the same issue. Better way is to make the Dot portable. Just keep it in a backpack and use it. I’m using it like this only.

Just make sure you have ventilation for the Dot.

2 Likes

How much does ather dot weigh?

Do reach out to customer service to check if it’s possible at this stage.

Most user ask for portable charger keeping in mind unforeseen circumstances.

But as selling a portable charger gives Ather something else to sell. What we need is ignored and Dot is forced on us.

If anyone thinks we should have the choice and not Ather. Please do support this message so things are not forced on us.

6 Likes

For most users, Dot or Pod is good. Very rarely you will see users opting for Portable charger because of the circumstances in their home.

But, in such rare cases, Ather used to allow the customer to choose Portable charger.

1 Like

Anand, if you have a specific requirement related to the Dot or portable charger, please reach out to customer service to let them know and to check if anything is possible. The Dot and the portable charger are basically the same and are meant for two different use cases.

Dot is for your regular every day home charging, and portable charger is for rare use cases or in cases where installation of the Dot is not possible. We don’t intend to ‘force’ anything on anyone.

@abhishek.balaji @tarun please help in this… I have ordered my second 450 and my order Id 45165 due to space constraints my owner will not allow to install second Ather dot , so we need portable charger instead of dot. When I contacted customer service for this they told it is not possible, also I wrote to info@atherenergy.com there are also same response. If this is not possible I need to cancel my order but I don’t want to cancel so please help in this.my payment window is already open.

1 Like

When our house owner did not agree for the installation of the Dot, I received the portable charger while taking delivery of my 450.

No they are not giving, I also attaching the response what I got from Ather teamimage

2 Likes

Have you installed 1 ather dot atleast? If so contact customer care regarding charging of 2 scooters from same ather dot

1 Like

Yes this is a good option…But same time 2 scooters !!!:thinking:

Some sacrifices are necessary to enjoy the pleasure of the beast😅

Hey Manjunath,

I’ve flagged this to the team and someone will reach out to you regarding this request.

Thanks @abhishek.balaji Ather team contacted us.

3 Likes

Today my friend cleared the payment of 450 online with help from Ather space team.

My friend required portable charger but in Ather space, the team clearly told “we will not replace portable charger instead of Dot, you have to take Dot. Additionally you can buy portable charger”.

@abhishek.balaji Clarify clearly, have any rules changed? Is Dot mandatory ?

2 Likes

Hey Bharath,

Choosing a portable charger instead of the dot is not in the current online process, but if there is an issue installing the Dot due to permissions/location issues, then the portable charger can be offered instead. You can reach out to customer service regarding this requirement and they might be able to help you out accordingly.

1 Like