Parting away with my Ather 450 :(

Well, it is not Ather it’s me ! We broke up on a sweet note after being into relationship for just over a year. We had some amazing time during this one year. When I posted a tweet about selling my Ather here their parents pinged to write a review about my experience.

While there has been a lot of debate about Ather’s subscription and pricing, this is indeed a top notch product which has been built keeping the user (that is you) in mind. Right from the reverse functionality to automatic switch off of the light - these subtle things give you an iphone like experience; great products come at a great price is how I’d like to put it here.

While this post is not about my experience riding Ather (for just under 1000 kms) - I’d like to take this opportunity and thank Ather team who built this amazing product.

I sold my Ather for 90k INR in under 30 mins of listing it on OLX, while I can’t guarantee you’d get a deal like this but a couple of things which were working for me were

1. I was in no hurry to sell if off for cheap
  2. I knew I’d taken good care of her and kept her in the best of condition for me to demand this price.
  3. Super low usage of only 960kms in 1 year of owning it.
  4. I offered a no obligation test ride just like good folks at Indiranagar Experience Center offered me because I’m a big fan of ‘‘seeing is believing’’

Since a lot of you guys are planning to upgrade to PLUS or X (because who doesn’t want coolest E-bike in the town) - I think this post will really help you guys.

Again, this was a difficult decision to part with this beauty but I’m super proud to see what Tarun and Swapnil have built locally in India after years of investment in getting the product right.

All the best, team Ather and if you’ve any Qs - shoot me on Twitter @tejasbaldev.

18 Likes

You are true buddy, I worked in college and handled and guided many project of students and following them silently from year that I remember 2013 . At that time i was placed in Mumbai and i was associated with some of my own students of mechanical department who where working on other product. I use to say some students ( I do not know it was tarun and group at that time) from madras IIT is trying there hand on e-vehicle and yes , they made it .

3 Likes