Ownership Journey Towards your Ather

Hi Ravi,
There is no change as far as I could make out visually except for the software which has been updated. A few changes are evident between the quick reference manual that comes with the 450 and actual operation of dashboard functions. Team Ather are quick to respond to these minor changes to make you aware.
When you get your 450, will let you know about these.
Regards Shankar

1 Like

Well Congratulations to the first 10 customers or do we call them ā€œcelebsā€.

3 Likes

My booking was done on 5th June. For me delivery is confirmed during Novā€™18. However, charger assessment yet to be done.,

Thank you

1 Like

Lolā€¦I too have the same doubt siršŸ˜…ā€¦I was following ather since a year, and when booking slots were open, bang!!! I was behind 2100+ people, and ather as just launched 10 scooters against the oceanā€¦ Hope they pick up the pace

3 Likes

Hello @Shreyas and Ather team.
Have the expected upgrades to the switch gear and plastics around the dashboard been implemented in the production vehicles.

1 Like

@Shreyas I hope Ather is delivering vehicles every single day since 11th September.

Also since 95+% of orders are for ather 450, I hope you folks are also installing 10 charging points per day too.

I donā€™t have to tell you this as you should already know, you should do everything possible to keep the enthusiasm going where it has been till now if not more. What does that mean ? Keep the group updated on th progress you make, frequently.

I have been saying this through multiple communication channels since last couple of weeks, be it on email, customer care calls and now the forum but it seems there is something missing here. Ather Space should not be the only place for customer interactions, after all you deliberately choose online channel for sales. Pre-orders are not guaranteed orders.

Frequency of communication for the customers is a key for the brand and I must say you havenā€™t been doing a great job.

Remember, we trust you when you say every experience which deals with the vehicle would be online to make it quick and efficient. If anything the long silence we have from you now should not also translate to the service and other online experience later on.

Keep up the good work and keep up with frequent communication.

Good luck!

8 Likes

Good point, I feel we are deserted as we wait for communication on the delivery dates and the progress you guys are making everyday.

We are so eagerly waiting for the vehicle and Iā€™m sure many of us including me have been planning to sell of our current vehicles for the Ather 450. So do keep us in the loop even on the smallest update you guys have.

3 Likes

I have sold my two wheeler in anticipation of delivery as I got a good deal. Letā€™s hope they donā€™t make me wait extra. My preorder says January delivery.

1 Like

Hello Guys,

From past 2 months, i have keep on reviewing the product, Ather website, Specification, Raising question to Ather thru FB Instant Messenger question and replies.

Just now, i have completed my pre - order and my estimated delivery date between some where in middle of April - June 2019 (Q1)

Using Pre - Order, i got oppurtunity to discuss with Ather Owners review and feedback in this forum and still i have time to review my product until my delivery turn comes.

I have not even went to Ather Space for giving Test Ride yet ā€¦ But still waiting for Ather Owners to give reviews on product after usage of 1 month like ( Performance, electricity bill usage after delivering and more ā€¦)

As Ather, promosed i have option enabled in my account to cancel my pre - order till the charging point installed in my home point in 2019.

Thank You Ather Folk and Forum Users !!!

1 Like

I had pre-ordered before June 05, and made the payment on June 05.

Because of a stupid bug in the online order, i.e. case-sensitive check of email-id, my pre-order was not considered. I had sent emails to support and they assured to fix it.

Now, the deliver date says November, so I am going to cancel my order tomorrow.

Good luck to all the customers and the Ather team.

-Shaik

Its just two months which will go soon. Before you cancel your order, just think person like me pre-ordered today and expected delivery somewhere in middle of June 2019.

5 Likes

I agree that cost of scooter is bit high but athor one subscription is not mandatory and one can opt out of it. Only issue will be you will not be able to use data related service although athor said yhey are working on different subscription also.
Difference between 340 and 450 is motor power and battery capcity which results in higher range for 450 ( 1.9 vs 2.4 kilowatt).
340 stands for 3 kilowatt motor woth 40 ah battery while 450 stands for 4 kilowatt motor and 50 ah battery.

2 Likes

Not on cards for the near future. Might do if we can make a good case for it :wink:

1 Like

@Shreyas it would be wonderful if you could give a delivery updateā€¦for example till what order ID have the deliveries been completed. I know that youā€™d be delivering the vehicles in the timeframe provided to us during booking, but a realtime update will be appreciated.

1 Like

Vishwas, the concept of Break-even is not clear to meā€¦ how you considered 1.94 Lakhs for 5 to 6 years??

This is the reason why India is not doing well with Electric scooter, and ppl tend to miscalculate things. Now, lets compare an Activa and Ather 450 on maintenance -

1. Activa 125 cost 80K, plus you pay atleast 20 - 25K per year if you travel 30 - 40KM perday, than you have service which is few thousand with change of Engine Oil. So, you end-up paying 25K to 30K per year to maintain an Activa. And for 5 years, you end -up paying 1.25 Lakhs with current Oil price and if there is increase in Oil price, the amount will be higher. So, one would more 2.20 Lakhs for a petrol scooter and you pay less for Electric.
6 Likes

I think the home charging point installation is not available for 340. (atleast not included in the price).

Hey Vishwas,

Sad to learn that you canceled your pre-order. I understand that itā€™s entirely upto you to decide if you want the vehicle or not, but there are a few things I want to clarify:

1. The battery does not need a replacement for the first 5-6 years. Hence adding that cost to the total cost of ownership(TCO) for 5-6 years is wrong. It would be ok to add this cost if you were calculating TCO for 10 years, in which case the cost is accounted for the next five years and not the first five.
  1. As for the subscription, we have communicated that we will be rolling out sub-plans for people to choose from.
  1. The intent of not having different hardware on day one was to ensure reduced complexity on the production line, given our starting volumes are low. Our intent was always to change hardware once volumes were high enough for us to justify the added complexity to the production line.

I hope I was able to clarify some of your apprehensions.

8 Likes

Hey Shaik,

Being a two-wheeler rider, I understand your frustration and the fact that living without a vehicle can be irritating. I hope we were able to clear the confusion on ordering and delivery over call with you yesterday. While we really wish to deliver vehicles to everyone as soon as we can, starting mass production for a new vehicle such as ours is really not easy. We are doing the best we can to get vehicles to everyone whoā€™s put faith in us and ordered a vehicle, that too even before riding it. Hope you can stay a bit longer and get your 450 in the next few months.

2 Likes

Yes, the home charging pod comes only with the 450. 340 owners get a portable charging cable and installation of a wall socket.

2 Likes