Ownership Journey Towards your Ather

Lets walk back a little, there has been active resistance against EVs and renewables in general globally by vested interests, and they have done a lot to slow this down, and it has taken many forms like policy uncertainty, lobbying, crony capitalism to get fossil fuel subsidies etc. Suffice to say that a lot of time and resources have been wasted by people who did not want this to happen, you just need to see negative press about Tesla, one of the best cars ever made, and flip flop and political maneuvering on behalf of fossil interests to see its true. One of the reasons that the supply chain for batteries did not get a chance to setup in India and a lot of other countries is because they don’t have the metal reserves needed and did not move fast enough to acquire it which did not change the status quo. So we are still in the process of building a supply chain in this country and there are going to be teething issues. The point is there are many many reasons for the state of affairs we have today and production hell is expected because not even the biggest of car companies( even the German/US ones, latest I heard they were lobbying for emissions norm relaxations or paying fines for cheat devices) have figured this out completely. Keep calm, keep fixing problems and carry on

7 Likes

My deliver date was on Nov
So i sold my 100cc bike 2 weeks before…
believing I will get Ather 450 Next month, even i have arranged money and waiting for Ather call.
Now my Delivery Date Showing Feb 2019.

I am very Disappointed from long time i am waiting like stupid.

3 Likes

Hi,
Was wondering what is the real on road ownership experience like, it will surely raise the respect of many in the forum.
If you think Ather team created this forum to hear only accolades then they would be pretty naive. They have been brave to have an open forum to discuss their company and product, let them also face some constructive criticism, it is part of them growing up.

3 Likes

Everyone’s talking about the range being less. Can we expect improvised/efficient vehicles/batteries in the future? And if we do get better batteries in the future I hope we can use them on our existing Ather bikes. Just replace the batteries which charge fast and give better range.

Yup… I wonder why the folks who have taken the delivery still quite!!

2 Likes

@tarun @Shreyas kindly do update us on the delivery schedules on a regular basis… As seen in the forum you do not reply to all the queries which we can understand on that… But provide updates atleast weekly if not daily… And if possible provide us waiting number so that we will now when we get the delivery… At least reply if it possible or not

2 Likes

Hey @SandeepRao,

That’s something we definitely want to do. However, as explained in the newsletter and in Tarun’s post, variability on the incoming parts & hence a precise production schedule is still something we are grappling with currently. Things should stabilize in the next 2 months post which we should be able to give you a monthly or even a week wise predictability of deliveries.

2 Likes

Congrats and thanks for the update, it would help other prospective buyers.

@Ather.Team Nice to see the Ather Owner tag beside the owner. One can see the first 9 owners in that group and message feature.

4 Likes

@Shreyas… Thank you for the reply… One more clarification that my delivery is scheduled in Dec… Will it delivered as promised… Or is the wait longer…

1 Like

Thats awesome @capshankar and that’s exactly what this forum required as well.

Could you explain your charging mechanism here? Have you ever had to call the service guys? if yes then what were the issues?

1 Like

Hi @shreyas, I read your post wherein you have said that you still have teething problems with your vendors and the quantity of incoming parts are irregular and its quality is inconsistent. Are you indirectly hinting that the production of scooters has been abandoned for the present until the stabilization of parts supply?

2 Likes

Sir I think you should have built up the inventory of spares before going into production and pre booking of the vehicle to avoid such a situation and feel embarrassed

Hi,

Forum is created for discussions. Not to hear only appreciations or only criticisms. Yes, they have been brave enough to have an open forum for the discussions which can be used in good way. Everything will have its own positives and negatives. In my opinion feedbacks should be given personally so that the person can understand will be motivated to works towards it and should not be discussed in open forum.

If feedbacks are put up in open forum many of them are posting the same thing repeatedly in different sentences. Any of these things can happen, either the person on the other side can come back hard on replies or he/she can just simply keep quiet and stop replying or he/she gets demotivated and quits.

Any of these will not solve the purpose of posting.

Constructive criticism is part of them growing up, but it should be given to right person in right way else it may lead to many other outcomes.

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Now we know who were the first 10 customers to own prized Ather :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Over time, the need for dedicated topics has come up. Hence, we are closing the existing threads, and splitting each category into multiple topics.

This restructuring will not only help you in finding discussions which are of your interest but will also help others find answers to questions that have already been asked and answered. The older threads will be present with read-only access.

1 Like