Ownership Experience

I drove the praise. ipraise haven’t got around to riding…

How much did u pay brother??? I am planning to get it done aswell!!

3 Likes

Yesterday, I got the minor OTA update. Though I had 65% charge, I plugged in the charger to install the update…

After the update, the system got restarted… Now, I am not able to remove the charger no matter what I tried…

1. Turned off (not shutdown)
  2. Restart
  3. Switched off MCB
  4. Shutdown and restart

Neither of these worked. Tried to call RCA… While the line was yet to connected, I repeated few of these steps again and it got unlocked… Could not recollect which one worked…

Okay, coz, I am yet to see a ownership review of i-Praise… I guess they did not have much sales of i-Praise yet…

Usually shut down and restart after 10 seconds will solve this solonoid unlock problem.

3 Likes

Oh ok… Will try it next time… Thank you

No problem.
Note in order to avoid repeat of this issue, when you remove the charger cable just wait for 5 to 10sec so that screen changes to regular screen with clock and then you can turn off and remove the key… This was my observation and may work for you as well… Just a guess…

2 Likes

In addition to what @sandeepnvp mentioned, you will hear a click (unlocking) sound from solenoid.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Deliveries

First milestone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Head turner all the way… loving the experience so far.

3 Likes

I got my Ather delivery on 23rd June 2019. Vehicle has run 90kms. Yesterday while riding, I observed the screen did not turn on till I rode 5kms. After that it got switched on by itself. Has anyone experienced this.?

Not really happy if this is the quality I am getting after waiting for 9 months and paying a premium.

@Ather.Team @Shreyas please let me know if this will be looked at?

1 Like

It’s software after all. Like how your phone runs into issues, the display will run into issues as well. Sometimes I’ve noticed the display lagging or it just hangs. Usually it fixes itself and it’s not going to affect the motor so you can ride like normal.
I think I’ve had about 5 minor display issues in the last 1900 Kms I’ve ridden. Haven’t noticed any display issues after the last major update, so I’m sure they’re fixing it.

2 Likes

1K mark done

4 Likes

@crispypoppadomthanks for the clarification. I do agree that phones run into issues on long run due to memory issues. But The bike has been on road for days and done 90 kms. Running into issues in such short duration worries me. I just hope this doesn’t keep recurring.

Not to be worried… :slightly_smiling_face: The bike is under warranty. It should not be an issue. If there is major concerns they will find out if its hardware or software problem and Ather team will take appropriate action.

1 Like

If it is a software problem it would not really depend on how old the scooter is.

Hey guys, I feel the Speedometer does not show correct speed and distance travelled. When I used to commute in Suzuki Access for the same route daily distance was 44- 45 KM and now with Ather it 47-48 KM, now when it comes to speed I see my dash is showing approx 45 KMPH where as parallel Dio was showing 35 to 37 , I observed it for quite sometime by going parellel but Ather always showed higher speed. I am thinking if this true than even the range what we get is incorrect as overall distance covered is less. Anyone else observed this behaviour, please share your thoughts.

There is a 10% deviation from the actual speed.

1 Like

There is no error for odometer reading for me.
Only speedometer is ~10% off

2 Likes