Ownership Experience

I guess it’s something related to stock and efficiency. Hence they went with MRF. As you said it all depends on how you ride again.

2 Likes

That brings me to my bane… how does one stop smiling and pulling the throttle on an EV. When will i drive for a range of 80 plus is stuff i ask myself everyday

This is my Best.

4 Likes

lol how do you get such efficiency in shivajinagar of all places?

3 Likes

The motorists gave me way , and they were too busy admiring the Engineering , I Just had to pass my bike like an ambulance does :grin::grin::grin:

8 Likes

I stay in on a hill (Mahalakshmipuram/layout) practically impossible for me to get such efficiency. :joy: I have stopped caring about efficiency now :joy:

8 Likes

Unless we have to travel more than 40-45kms a day, range is more than good…

Yup. If you travel more, just get a portable charger. It gets the work done.

1 Like

Its been just 5 days, I thought of sharing some observations & feedbacks so that Ather team can include this in their upcoming releases (if it is feasible).

Observations & Feedbacks- @Ather.Team

Vehicle Delivery had been a pain for me, I had to do multiple follow-ups.

Suggestion – Try to invoke parallelism rather than the sequential mode. RTO & Grid installation process can be initiated parallel rather than waiting for Grid installation confirmation. At least in my case, this would have accelerated my vehicle delivery by week. I see there is an opportunity to improve the delivery process by following project management/workflow.

While driving in slope, used the kill switch to turn off the motor to increase the range. After the vehicle came to rest, started the motor but throttle was not responding. Used kill switch, and started, no luck. Then turned key off and on and then started to work.

Suggestion – It would be great if it automatically charges (like a hybrid) when we break/during slope run. This will increase the range.

Every day I was losing 3-4 km range for overnight idle. Yesterday I tired of shutting down the bike & kept for charging. Unfortunately, the vehicle didn’t charge (i thought it should be faster when we charge with the vehicle off, just like mobile :slight_smile: )

Suggestion – It would be great if we can enable this feature. It would avoid energy loss

Navigation is good, but most of the features will enhance/optimize driving routes.

Suggestion – Try to link/connect with google maps (rather than developing own app), so that we can get real-time traffic updates & automatic rerouting. We can also add multiple stops to get complete travel range so that we can include charging points in between to cover the full trip (if required).

OR Sharing the google maps with Ather maps

2 Likes

Using Kill switch in the slopes does nothing. If you are not throttling or holding the accelerator, the motor does not draw current. So using the kill switch has no effect.

6 Likes

Do not kill the motor while on a steep road. It does not help in saving the battery. Its like killing your apps on your phone. But it takes more battery to turn it back on.

The navigation app is a layer over google maps it self. You see google images/map it self. But Ather has added some extra layers that are required.

3 Likes

This is dangerous! Do not kill the engine while in motion!! If there was a need to accelerate to avoid or get out of the way of an obstacle, you wouldn’t be able to do that.

This is Google maps. The API used is just the basic point to point navigation system. Layering of traffic, bike mode for navigation and waypoint navigation are already part of the wishlist for the software engineering team

3 Likes

Even on an ICE do not turn off engine under any condition…engine braking is as real as death. As far as i can see Ather provides some form of engine braking and glides smoothly…whereas an off vehicle will roll without control. Also, the brakes go limp after you turn off the bike haven’t you noticed that. Care for your life please

4 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: An 'e-motion’al connect - Hemanth’s Ather 450

I noticed this as well on my bike, has anyone here got any fix for this from Ather service?

I hope you are telling about the seat wobbling during humps. They acknowledged it in the open forum. You can call them. They will try to adjust the seat position and latches…

It didn’t work for me twice. Pradeep from Ather asked me to take help from Ather technicians during open forum. They tried for 3rd time. But didn’t work out.

I m planning to send it to service center next week.

When going over humps, the sound actually irritates…

1 Like

:heart:

I assumed this was how the bike was made. Haven’t noticed it lately. Maybe I’ve gotten used to it. Will check for it and update if it still feels the same.

Bike drops 1-2% charge overnight. Drops a km in overall range. I can live with that, also my driving range is incredibly accurate. office is 11km and ather drops only 11 km, don’t know what magic. I tried a okinawa and that thing was a disappointment full battery till about 50% and then poof emergency emergency!!
I expect some reliability from my range meter

2 Likes

Which Okinawa? Praise or I Praise