Ownership Experience

So far, the maximum I could see was 75 km in Ride mode…

Dear Ather Team @tarun, @Shreyas,.

My order Id 6442, got a call last night for taking delivery of the vehicle today at 2:30pm.
Reached the IBC knowledge Park at 2:30pm, the Ather team arranged the vehicle and handed over to us but upon checking, the reverse mode was not working also the charging port flap was not closing properly and it was loose.

My family was present to take delivery of the vehicle. Initially the team told me to wait for 30-45 mins and said they would rectify and handover the vehicle. Upon re-checking they told us to wait for another half hour so that they could re-check and release the vehicle to us. After sometime Mr.Alsad came to us and informed that their senior QC had advised to completely check the wiring of the vehicle and would require one and a half day to rectify the issue and deliver the vehicle to our residence by Tuesday evening.

The situation is that Ather talks about serious QC procedures and the best customer experience. Your Bulk delivery schedule for today was not a pleasant experience and the vehicle has serious QC issues. We were really surprised and shocked to see that your QC procedures had completely failed and this vehicle had surprisingly bypassed the procedures in place and it was ready for delivery to the customer.

During the discussion with Mr. Alsad , we had stressed that the 'Ather One’ subscription should be extended without any additional payment as we are really disappointed with the quality aspect of the vehicle which was provided to us. We need a confirmation on the above to take necessary future action as we have lost the confidence put on your company by paying upfront for the vehicle

As promised by Mr. Alsad we hope that the vehicle will be free of any problems after rectification and that the vehicle will be delivered to our residence on the evening of Tuesday 18th June 2019 without fail. Since the vehicle was not delivered to us, Mr. Alsad has arranged a TC vehicle for the time being till our vehicle is delivered. pls find the picture below.

Your immediate action and resolution in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Nihal

4 Likes

That’s a sad experience indeed! Hope the issue with your scooter is resolved fully and you get it as promised.
Car or scooter, too much of electronics and software is always an issue, especially with diagnosis of the issue. However, the reality is that that’s where Automobiles are headed.

1 Like

True, QC took a hit on my vehicle too… I already got 2 visits and yet to resolve fully… and needs 3rd visit.

While ramping up deliveries is good, QC cannot be overlooked as it will backfire. You cannot compromise on what Ather is good at, i.e quality and experience.

1 Like

Hi have any of you experienced motor turning off itself during riding ? Happened 3 times in row irrespective of ride mode selected.

2 Likes

something wrong

contact Ather immediately

What was the battery %? I too had this symptom once when the battery was below 7%. Luckily it used to turn off when the throttle was off. However I could not get the same scenario later.

Battery percentage was 84% and motor turned off even when throttle was on and I was in 45km speed.

1 Like

this is dangerous… please contact (call) customer care immediately.

2 Likes

I too had this issue…but after a hard reset (press both the breaks and power button and hold it for some time) it was ok and not faced the issue till today…

Had called Ather customer care they said currently they are investigating whether this is software or hardware issue. Hope it is Software issue not hardware one.

1 Like

on my first day to commute onboard my Ather, saw another elctric scooter (a Hero or someother brand with poor build) being pushed on the slightly uphill Old Airport road.
May have gone out of charge.

2 Likes

4k…:heart_eyes:
Love 2 ride…

6 Likes

My TRANSFORMER 450

6 Likes

Did you hit the kill switch by mistake assuming it is a pass light subconsciously :wink:

2 Likes

Nope.

Ok then there is a problem !

I think it is software fault because after shutting down and restarting vehicle same problem hasn’t appeared till now.

Just got the bike back. Software glitch as expected. The software that controls the ancillary services (like horn, lights, indicators etc) had hung.

Solution - in the next OTA, they will provide a way to stop this service too.

Long term solution to fix the problem (software bug) , may also happen soon, as promised by them.

But, very skeptical, as no immediate solution. Waiting for the next OTA eagerly.

4 Likes

:smiley::joy: