Ownership Experience

HSRP fixed today.

8 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: An 'e-motionā€™al connect - Hemanthā€™s Ather 450

I laminated my sticker and zip tied it to the exposed frame under the seat. The office security guards know me well enough cos i am the only guy who drives up in a white colored EV 2 Wheeler in the entire IT park!

10 Likes

Did you get this fixed?

That;s a good idea, can you post some pics?

Today when service person came to fix the seat wobbling and this issue, he could not fix the rivet with his toolkitā€¦ so he cut it and blunted the sharp protrusionā€¦

Regarding the seat wobbling, they could not fix it as it required the replacement of latch which the service guy did not have.

While I fully appreciate that Ather is ready to solve any issue, this needs to be more efficientā€¦

Day 1 - The technician who came to fix horn switch has no basic toolkit to adjust the seat bolts. He told he got exactly whatā€™s required for horn switch replacementā€¦

Day 2 - The technician says problem could be either in the bolt in the front of the seat or the latch on the back seatā€¦ Now, when it could not be fully fixed by adjustment, he has no replacement latch, which requires another appointmentā€¦

When you do door step service, the technicians should have sufficient toolkits and replacement parts of small items without another visit.

Otherwise it is waste of time and precious energy of technician as well.

Note:
Both technicians traveled at least for 20+ kms to fix these trivial issuesā€¦ Now I have to wait for my service or make another appointment.

6 Likes

Hiā€¦ As has anyone faced a issue with the screenā€¦ It freezes for few min while the motor is still running and only the screen restarts. And also today the vehicle was turning off automaticallyā€¦ Happened 4 times within 400 meters and I had to restart the vehicle by hitting both the brakes and the start button simultaneously.
Then it was fine

I have created Ather Whatā€™s app group Join Iā€™d you are interested.

Same experience with me as well today, rattling noise issue from body of bike, technician was not very sure of the noise and said could be seat issue but no tools to do further work, again he will call on Tuesday, waited for 3 days to get issue fixed, but no luck

2 Likes

I have pasted office security stickers to front right side of the shock.

I think by now Ather would have got a big enough list of common recurring issues. @Ather.Team kindly equip your technicians to handle these in one go.

But @prasathvishnu

I was told the vehicle goes a final check before delivery, wasnā€™t this checked then? After how many kms are you facing this?

Seat wobbling from Day 1. I noticed when I was riding through humps or potholesā€¦

Probably a missā€¦

1 Like

Telegram group would be better. Iā€™ve already created one if people are interested.

1 Like

Today I found another ather buddy, that also when Iā€™m driving my ather. He is one of/ first of starting 10 vehicle delivered group. Still he holds that excitement his face glowed like 500 candle light seeing another Ather and said first itself his flight first version ( hinting me he is Isenior :smile::smile::smile:)

4 Likes

On Mysore road, I saw 2 girls riding Ather 450 ā€¦ Vehicle left side mirror glass was broken.
Just thinking, how badly she needs mirror view in Ather and gave her best efforts until she broke the mirror glass. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Strange experience today. As I turned on the keys, the horn started blowing, screen froze, shutdown did not work, dashboard froze, motor did not start - basically complete system freeze - not very different from the ā€œblue screen of deathā€ for familiar Windows PC users! It took more than hour for Ather to send their team who also could not turn off the horn for 20 min. After an earsplitting 90 minutes, and after several complaints from my neighbors, security and having to move the bike outside the apartment complex, he managed to turn off the horn. Realised the importance of a master off key in an all electric vehicle like this. Vehicle has been towed to the service center and I await the results. Anyone face this before?

7 Likes

If possible, please find out why this issue occured and what they did to fix it. Thanks!

3 Likes

Here you go!

5 Likes

Good idea. But our office rules it has to be on front or back clearly visible

Highest predicted range in sports mode :sunglasses:

3 Likes