Ownership Experience

I checked with the service team… that sound will be there for sometime… it comes in all new 450s

Good to hear this, will wait for some miles for this teething problems to fade out

1 Like

Mirror is a real pain, unable to adjust it suitably

1 Like

I too faced same mirror problem when I was about to take delivery today… But somehow adjusted it perfectly by ather team der itself.

Will visit Ather experience centre coming weekend to get the mirror adjusted, I find it very difficult to ride without mirrors in place

1 Like

Try to force it in the upwards direction.
Apparently, the design is such that it can rotate 360°.
It is just very tight so that it won’t change during the flight…

Works well for me.
I am 6 foot tall…

Can you please send me pics of your mirror, I will try adjusting in similar way

@raghav.srinivasan I don’t think this has been fixed. I kept it unused for about 36 hours and noticed a 12% decrease🤔

Here are my first impressions…
Before I start nitpicking “I am one happy customer so far :)”

My first commute to office for around 19Kms was a great experience, the ride was smooth, and I was not slow or too fast, I did hit 60 and average was maintained in 40s when possible with very light throttle inputs.
Started off with full charge of 65km predicted range and ended up with 52Km still left after riding for 18-19 Kms in ride mode. So I should be able to get around 75 Kms easily with my riding style, will keep you all posted.
I have been riding a CBR 250r for 8 years and I didn’t miss it much today, that says a lot about the 450. I could ride at 3kmph without needing to put my feet down.

Now… what was bad ? The seat!!! they will have to do something about it.
The plastics especially the one used on the dashboard and switches may not last long.

More updates later.

5 Likes

Bug found -

1 Like

Mine is not even getting uodated

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I got my Ather450 delivered yesterday, here I would like to share my experiences, I went through from the time I completed the order and being delivered.
After I made the final payment(including insurance) I had received a call from Ather team regarding charging point installation, they installed it as promised and of-coarse it was good job from the installation guy, after the installation I was asked to sign RTO related documents, I signed and handed over the same.

Later I had received a call from Ather as part of the discussion I did enquire about the RTO at which they will be registering the vehicle, I was been told its going to electronic city, I did opt for KR puram as its near to where I stay. Ather team said they can register it at KR Puram and requested me to send an email on the same (which I did and they acknowledged the same), RTO agent from Ather called me up and asked me the option where my vehicle to be registered I again confirmed him to KR Puram RTO, to my surprise they registered it against Indiranagar after clear a communication of 3 times (twice over phone and once in email). When approached Ather team they apologized and said they will look into if they can do something, later they replied back saying nothing can be done as the vehicle chasis and vin are already registered at an RTO. And they promised to transfer the vehicle to KR Puram RTO with earlier registration number, for which I felt its reasonable and requested them to send an email to me stating that they will do the transfer and if any charges involved should be born by them.(I haven’t received any email yet and I am still waiting)

Second experience(not a good one again) was while taking the delivery, they handed me the vehicle key with out even checking whats the status of vehicle (the guy who accompanied me, handed over the key and left, I would expect, atleast he should have a courtesy to check if the customer has any trouble to start the vehicle), I did turn on the vehicle display went blank(awsome experience for someone buying a new vehicle and trying it to use it for the first time) a gentleman from Ather observed me struggling he took the vehicle to someone and they said software is being updated so screen went blank. I would expect Ather should take care of when software updates to be pushed and for few people it might hurt their sentiments.

And one more, again not a good one!
I took the delivery and my house is 20kms from delivery location, by the time I reached home, I started hearing strange noise(metalic parts friction sound) in the front wheel, again who would expect this on the first day taking the delivery, I called Ather customer service they said they will send a technician to look into.

In summary I had the worst experience of owning an Ather 450, so guys who are buying a new one please consider the above problems also it would be good if ather can ask customer to go for a PDI(pre delivery inspection).

I am writing here to spread the awareness in new buyers and existing owners so that they will not get into same trouble.
Thanks for reading a lengthy post! hope you had a great experience with Ather!

11 Likes

Thank you for the pics, will try adjusting this way

Hi @Shreyas and Ather Team,

What is Ather Energy’s policy on data privacy for the data being collected from the riders? How is it being used and what are the data protection methods being incorporated by AE for the same?

Thanks,
Sudhan

4 Likes

So sorry to read your experience… Hope the situation improves in coming days.

1 Like

Sad to hear this from a Ather owner, by the way what was the sound you are talking about, is it rectified by Ather team?

Yet to figure out, I am guessing problem with brake or roller bearings, fixed an appointment for Thursday, need to wait until then!

The seat “issue” has been beaten to death. Infact I met a few owners during the April meet who actually got the seats redone just so that it’s comfortable.

2 Likes