Ownership Experience

https://www.atherenergy.com/faq/vehicle/ather-subscription

Check this thread…

Till December 2019, charging at ather Grid is free. FYI

1 Like

Did any one else do PPF or ceramic coating? How much does it cost?

Is it worth? Does it work or marketing gimmicks like waxing?

Because last thing I want to see is the transparent film turning yellow due to UV rays

3 Likes

Hey @Shreyas

I got my RC on post today. Thanks a lot for following up. This is one of ATHER best principles, the promptness shown towards customers.

@gt_ravi
I read ur post and understand ur disappointment. I too work in an automotive industry and believe me this FAME2 crap is really a big shit to deal with especially with the general election happening. But trust me I vouch that ATHER is more determined to get the bikes on road than what we are.

Btw I was travelling to KR Puram and it started raining. Stopped at ATHER space and enjoying the coffee while charging the vehicle. @tarun I understand why u were so focus on this coffee.

9 Likes

I don’t know if it’s too early to come to this conclusion, but has anyone experienced a decrease in battery discharge overnight after the last update?

I never shut down the vehicle, so I usually have a decrease of about 5% battery charge in about 10-12 hours from when I unplug the vehicle after charging the previous day, to the next morning, when I start for work.

Today, I decided to take my old dio to work (after being so used to the Ather it felt like I was riding a little toy😂) and when I came home, the battery discharge was just 6% in 24+ hours.

I’d also charged it a couple days earlier to 96% and in the morning the charge was about 94 or 95%. This is great!

If this is a legit fix done with the OTA update, then great stuff @Ather.Team!

Also, I didn’t shut down the vehicle during this time.

TLDR: OTA Update might have reduced battery discharge overnight.

1 Like

I was about to say “Nothing changed”, till I noticed you were talking about the Battery% and not mileage.

If that’s the case, the good to know some fine-tuning was done as part of the OTA.

3 Likes

My first full charge after taking delivery this morning. Says the range is 65KM! I thought it should be higher … but I guess it is because I rode it aggressively on the way back home.

Will charge a few more cycles after steady riding and see where it settles.

check on app riding details

first screen and dashboard will remain 65 all the time

The range on the dashboard is fixed at 65 for ride and 55 for sport.

Your predicted range will show up on the app.

To all new owners in excitement of getting new vehicle n charging your respected vehicles … Plz don’t forget to charge your mobiles too :joy::wink:

5 Likes

Review after 700kms of use.
My office is 11 km from my home hence scooter is an ideal vehicle for me. I was using activa 3g and also have an i10. I also used ride sharing for 2 years on the i10 which meant activa was being rarely used. The good part of ride sharing is that I was able to save 50k in two years as fuel cost.
Yet I used to envy scooter riders every day at traffic jams. I decided to book Ather as soon as I heard about its launch. Went to ather space and Cost wasn’t a big issue since I always had the 50k savings in mind. I booked in June end and was told I will get my vehicle in January.
As luck would have it I found a buyer for my rarely used activa in the same building and sold it in October. I got a reasonable deal which meant I had money to pay for 450 upfront. But the deliveries took some time and I was without a two wheeler for 5 months.
Finally I got the much awaited delivery call and got my hands on 450 in mid April.
When I first rode the vehicle I was worried since I hadn’t driven a scooter for one year. But the ride quality and intuitive controls were so smooth that it left me thrilled.
Next time it surprised me was with the effectiveness of disk brakes. I also found the vehicle is super stable at very low speeds (2-7kmph) no need to support with foot!
Storage space is a pleasant surprise as well. I can put my 14 inch laptop easily with a bag and other items. One day I also carried a kitchen sink on the scooter.
On performance front I have only one benchmark as I had driven only activa 3g till now. I can confidently say that 450 is better in every aspect compered to my last ride. Be it acceleration, handling, flickability, shock absorbers, brakes or headlights. One fine day I had to apply sudden brakes as a puppy came on the road from nowhere and believed me the brakes saved the day for me. I had driven activa for 20000+ kms and I know it would not have been safe on that scooter in this situation.
My 450 easily goes 75-85 km on a single charge and I have touched 80+ kmph without any problems. I usually charge at home with ather point and at office with my charging cable. The point is installed on a pillar in my parking space in my appartment. I had already discussed with my apartment association before installation. It’s a known fact that some day all vehicles will be electric and every parking will need to have a charging point. Hence the association agreed and no resident objected.
For me the car running cost was around 5k per month. I have not visited Petrol bunk since April. Hence I know the scooter will pay for itself over time. I am sure maintenance and durability will be favourable for me as I am a safe driver usually (unless I want to have fun).
For prospective buyers I have just one thing to say - electric is the future and the only high performance vehicle with proven track record and a strong community is the ather 450. Embrace the future without hesitation. Go for it!

23 Likes

On the other side-
I was pleasantly surprised to find another charging point installed in the same apartment as mine this is a good news. but I feel slightly disappointed first because I waited for 9 months to get my delivery, secondly I paid 5k more just to get vehicle few weeks earlier (fame 1) - people who ordered much later are getting the delivery much faster at less cost and third because the mcb which was installed for the new owner is that of abb and I got a local MCB.
Early adopter is just a psychological feel good factor. Can’t see tangible benefits of being early adopter yet.

4 Likes

You have Atherone and two to three months more happier than us while driving. Do you want more than that ,:wink:?

7 Likes

If you face any trouble with MCB they replace. Don’t worry till working peacefully dive…

5 Likes

Just a small thing I noticed, during the initial pick there is some sort of resistance and little of metal grinding noise, vibrations of that can be felt on the foot rest area, anyone experienced this sort of thing in the new Ather delivered today

1 Like

that will vanish when u do more km (this is known)

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, then I am relieved, I was thinking something wrong with motor.

I’ve crossed 1200kms and still hear this sometimes when I accelerate🤔

Also, does anyone know when the first service is? Do I have to call Ather and schedule a day?

As Abhishek told, it should go after some miles, if it is still persisting then better to get it checked, I will see for around 500 kms post that if the issue is present then I will get it checked before some damage happens

Even I got my vehicle delivered today. I have also experienced this noise… In all the excitement of exploring the vehicle hadn’t logged in… Relieved to see this discussion :slight_smile: