Ownership Experience

@samitbanerji This is KA05 Jayanagar RTO.

1 Like

Hey Guys, Hadn’t responded on this earlier as there was lack of clarity on this then. Got clarity now, the total distance remains same for the warranty.

The updated warranty is :

3 Years / 30,000 km for the vehicle 3 Years / Unlimited distance for the battery pack.

3 Likes

@Ather_Owner
Guys, I’ve created a new thread specifically for detailed ownership reviews:

This will be a closed thread, and we will move detailed ownership reviews to this one if you post one here.
If you want to write a detailed review of your ownership, now is the time :slight_smile:

Look forward to some interesting reviews from you all!

P.S. : In case I have missed posting your existing review there already, please message me with a link to it. If the review is on this thread or any other!

4 Likes

In an urge to hit 100

3 Likes

I find it really difficult to achieve this range with this tempting high torque delivering beast

3 Likes

Then how did you made 99?

1 Like

When I hit the roads aggressive I see to that the rest of the ride is heavenly glide to compensate my efficiency. So on an average a ride would be less than 30% aggressive and the rest compensatory. Exceptions with few rides full aggressive and also few rides with efficiency boosting practices

Awesome

9 Likes

Crazy numbers…

1 Like

Reached 3k+ kmz

6 Likes

Issue during heavy rain : Last Wednesday during heavy rain faced issue while wading through stagnant water near my home. My shoes and legs were completely wet in dirty water due to water guided on to the footboard by the fins attached on both sides. Water just comes on to the footboard like pumped from a 5 HP water pump. Any similar experiences and solution ?

2 Likes

I also experienced it…

We can not plug anything in it to block the water as it acts as guide vane for efficient cooling of motor by throwing air.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I was just thinking that these fins are just used for aesthetics. If they are used to induce a forced convection on motor and we cant block it for water ingress on to the footboard, this scooter does not really fulfill one of my primary requirements of buying a scooter over a motorcycle. My activa has louvres under the seat to guide air to cool the engine, which is a good design. @ Ather team - please confirm the primary function of these fins. Thanks

1 Like

Doubt the fins would have a drastic impact on motor cooling since there is a giant plastic enclosure that would prevent most of the air thrown out by fins from reaching the motor.

Plus, there is a dedicated motor cooling fan (would have preferred liquid cooling though)

1 Like

Anyone tried hard braking? (May be I should say ‘anyone had to apply hard braking to avoid the accident?’

Say 40/30km to 0km in jiffy? I am just wondering how the vehicle handled? Was there any skidding/dragging?

3 Likes

it happens everytime i go in Bangalore traffic

have a habit of applying back break first before applying front

most of the time back wheel skids a bit when i apply break very hard

however never felt out of control, when i apply both at once result is much better, but road should be clean, cannot risk on wet road or with lots of dust lying on the road
because risk of front wheel skidding is higher which will lead to loss of control

but applying front brake is ideal as most of the weight is concentrated on front wheel when we apply brakes
also this is one of the factor for rear wheel skidding/locking

4 Likes

While doing test ride I had to apply hard brake as one puppy came in front suddenly, rear brake was used more than front one and yes , the wheels skided at that time, I had informed Ather as well and they told they are trying to find out optimum settings to tune ratio of both the brakes and braking will improve further with no skidding, not aware of current developments as still waiting for the bike.

3 Likes

2 days ago. A ped-zombie darted out from in front of a stopped BMTC bus. Stopped ahead of where I thought I would stop (drum brake calculations still run through my head!), Albeit with a screech from the rear tyre.

Ped-zombie : Human that walks around talking on the phone with no situational awareness.

9 Likes