Ownership Experience

when the park assist is on, do the indicators blink as shown in the Ather website?

1 Like

I havent noticed the indicators blinking

as per the website, both the indicators should be blinking once the reverse mode is onā€¦ @Shreyas your input pleaseā€¦

1 Like

On the dashboard at least they donā€™t show as blinking

1 Like

Congrats @madhukar.n
I have done about 40kms from Friday. it was a fabulous experience so farā€¦

a couple of questions: I also hear the noise from the front. thanks @Abhishek for confirming this is quite normal.

and when in power mode and when sometimes I hear the GRRRRā€¦ kind of sound from the battery. Is this also normal? @Abhishek or @Shreyas any confirmation is much appreciated.

1 Like

As per Indian Road vehicle standards u can use both indicators blinking only during an abnormal/hazard conditions.

For reverse you should have a whole new different light indicator (white). Months ago when I 1st visited ATHER Space I mentioned this. :joy:

2 Likes

My dashboard just went blank, no matter how many times i restarted the bike only thing i see was black glowing screen. I had gone for shopping when this happened. Luckily the bike didnt stop and functioned normally since it was in normal drive mode. Not sure what would have happened if it was in park mode cause the display was totally unresponsive.
After coming back home I tried resetting the screen as @magneta mentioned in his post. And that finally worked. The display is back to normal now. But I think @Ather.Team need to look into this, may be just a bug or something but can be critical. Will call customer care to check it out. @Shreyas can you please take a note of this.

4 Likes

Yeah?! The cable used at my place isnā€™t longer than 1 meter for sure. Could I expect this call too?!

As I know upto 20m cable is complimentary as part of installation. Beyond that any length used is to be paid for. During the assessment Ather engineer will tell you if you will require any extra cabling (more than 20 mts) and in your assessment report the amount you need to pay will be mentioned. In my case the assessment suggested approximately 100+ mtr and I paid for that based on standard per meter price. Assessment is just basically a rough calculation based on visual inspection. The actual length may vary during installation so that difference in amount will be adjusted based on actual amount of cable used during installation. I got refund since the actual cable used for my installation was less than the assessed one. I donā€™t think there is any refund if your installation used even less than 20 mts cable.

2 Likes

Oh. Like that?! I had high expectations :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I hear this sound too. Got my bike on Friday, 22nd Feb. Clocked 119km in the odo today (within 2 days :crazy_face:). But today I started to notice this grinding sound right under the floorboard. Its noticeable at around 30kmph during slight stress on the motor to pick up the speed. And quite loud if the bike has to climb up the road of 13Āŗ. Itā€™s almost like those parts are struggling to pull the weight.

2 Likes

I see this too. On and off. Itā€™s quite confusing.

1 Like

Observed this disappointing behavior with charging at home on at least three ocassions now.
1st instance:

1. Plugged in charger in the parking and went home.
  2. Couple of hours later checked on phone to see that charging status did not change, charge level remained as is and even dropped by a % or two
  3. Went back to scooter and re-connected the charger, now charging started showing me the estimated time to 80%

2nd instance:

1. Plugged in charger and waited for the fan to start indicating that charging has started
  2. Had to wait for at least 15 mins (with a lot of lock/unlock sounds coming from the solenoid)
  3. It started charging.

3rd instance:

1. Repeated the same steps as above in the 2nd instance. Once the scooter started charging I went to my apartment. (around 9 pm)
  2. An hour later I checked my phone again to see the charge status. And it was just like I had left the scooter at.

And the estimated time to 80% charge was not showing anymore.
  3. I repeated the steps (disconnecting and reconnecting the charger) and waited for the scooter to start charging again.
  4. This time in less than 45 mins I see the charging progress quickly

This issue is getting irritating now as I thought it was a problem with how I was connecting the charger first but apparently it is not. @Ather.Team I hope I am the only one facing this issue and it can be addressed asap. As I am sure a lot of us would just connect the charger and leave it overnight, expecting it to complete charging (given a stable power supply) without hiccups. I will get in touch with the customer care team tomorrow morning. Has anyone else faced a similar issue with charging?

Also there is no guide to understanding what the light on the charging pod signifies, I have seen it green and blinking on multiple instances (even when normally charging) and even a stable green, but never a red which I understand would be a matter of concern. @Shreyas any pointers here might help me understand the problem quickly.

1 Like

Scaryā€¦ Iā€™m thinking some quality issues cropping up

Why is that blank screen bro

I faced similar issue today. Blinking means its charging, so I left it to charge and went home. About 2 hrs later I noticed on phone that it hadnā€™t charged a bit but status was still charging! So I went down and saw it was going on and off repeatedly. I thought i hadnā€™t connected it right but you seem to have had the similar issue here. Including the Fast Charging that is being displayed in the appā€¦which shouldnā€™t be the case with points at home.

@ashishsacharya, @samitbanerji

We have identified an issue where the charging point turns off if there is a power fluctuation and it does not restart on its own.

The patch for this has been designed and it will be released along with some other fixes for bugs are making the screen blank/frozen in some instances.

Also, the ā€˜fast chargingā€™ shown on the app momentarily, is a bug that we are fixing.

Regards,
Shreyas

9 Likes

Thanks Rajesh

Well Thought out and gives one an overall idea but Poit 8 under Pros am still trying to wrap my head around it Mirrors : As buttons, you may take a day or two to get used to it from your older vehicle. I am quite comfortable now."

Kindly update in the forum on message from customer care.