Ownership Experience

Athere team had sent service engineer onsite and based on discussion its lot more complicate than what we can fix onsite and has to be done in the service center only.

Well, I agree that I had front ‘thud’ suspension issue. However it is fully/completely resolved now. It took a while to fix this (not on one single visit), however team has solved it later. Technically I do not know whether they changed oil/form or something else.

i have asked them to fix this every time on my 450 v1.0 but they say this is normal as per as ather standards.Weird they say it is normal on such expensive vehicle.compared to 450 my 6 year old Access 125 front suspension is so silent and does it’s job without any annoying sound effects which 450 gives.combined with front suspension and disc brakes noise this is un acceptable.

Thanks Rajesh , I wish you could get more info on what was fixed and how they resolved , even I can have them do the same thing to my ather too.

Now we have 2 Ather 1.0 @srivatsabs24 and @santsplen with same issue. Lets get it fixed as @rajeshkav is telling it was fixed but not sure how. @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji can we get the history of @rajeshkav scooter service to see what was fixed to get the fork noise resolved on priority please.

Like mentioned earlier, it’s not an issue, Santosh. It’s common for this to happen when the vehicle goes through a pothole. Our service team has checked this extensively and it’s not been found to be an issue.

The suspension bottoms out when you go through a deep pothole, and hence the sound when coming out of a pothole. In a petrol scooter, this is not heard due to other the regular engine sounds and vibrations. Either way, the it doesnt affect the functioning or performance of the scooter and is not an indication that something is wrong.

I’ve written about this before and I still hear that thud sound when going over small speed breakers or even shallow potholes.

Guess I got used to it and never bothered to get it fixed. If there is a resolution I’ll probably request for it during my next service.

1 Like

I dont agree with you @abhishek.balaji I dont hear any noise on an ICE vehicle which are also supersilent like honda activa , suzuki access , TVS scooty etc while navigating a hump or pothole , and here were are not talking about deep pothole, its as less as 1 cms deep or less.
There is an issue and its reproducible. Please speak to the service engineer who can explain thing better and fix the issue as this is an issue and is fixable. When this issue is not there in Ather 1.1 , what so different that Ather 1.0 wrt to suspension , like @rajeshkav informed even he too had this issue and was fixed , @abhishek.balaji can we work on fixing the issue rather than trying to tell this is normal and expected .

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji when is the fan issue going to be fixed?!!

1 Like

what is fan issue?

I noticed this too… it used to appear once in a while and not everytime… lately it has disappeared… it has something to do with tyre air pressure and not suspension…

This happens irrespective of tyre pressure.

What is that air pressure you are maintaining? Normal or nitrogen?

30/32 and nitrogen or 30/30 nitrogen

Is 30/32 working well for solo rides?

yes it does works well for solo rides , filling nitrogen has certainly reduced the air loss from tyres .

Thank you. Planning for first fill this weekend after taking delivery last Sunday.

I did check with the service team before responding. It’s not an “issue”, and the team has confirmed it is within the specs. It doesnt affect the durability, reliability or performance of the vehicle and its parts.

1 Like

How much it would cost for the 4G upgrade on 450? Also will there be some other benefit on the upgrade except the improved network connectivity.

It will be announced soon, you won’t see any additional benefits from the upgrade. It’s just a solution for some cases where 3G network coverage might be bad, and for future proofing.

2 Likes