Ownership Experience

After OTA update, range is resetting. This happened twice.
Has anyone faced such issue after update.

Everyone has this issue.

I think it is still the same amount of range that people were getting earlier. The range prediction is not very generous or accurate after the last OTA update.

Your battery usage will still be the same as before.
I used about 40% battery for 30-35kms everyday and that showed me a predicted range of 80kms in Sport Mode.

I use the same amount of battery even now, just that after the last OTA, the predicted range is showing something between 55-65kms.

So in reality, I’m still getting something close to 80kms. Maybe I should just give it some time.

2 Likes

Ohh wow, I get it now … thanks for explaining

1 Like

It might look like I’ve been very critical about Ather past couple of days. But when you compare somethings side-by-side with another ICE two wheeler it’s really hard to skip the issues with Ather.

1. Razor Sharp panel near the handle bars - I know I’ve put a lot of posts about it. But it’s a huge pain. They are super duper sharp and I’ve had bruises on my thumb after a long ride. This is unacceptable.
    Just relating it to a Linus video below where he uses the Oneplus 7T as a peeler to peel the carrot.

1. Other sharp panels - when you compare It to an access or activa, the panels on the Ather have sharp edges. It’s scratched my skin while washing/cleaning it sometimes. This might not be a huge issue, but it’s not what you should get on a premium vehicle.

1. Nasty mirrors - due to the over complicated design of the mirrors, it’s not a good fit in the plastic housing. There are gaps from which water comes out so easily when there is rain or when you wash it. And then it falls all over your pants and make it look dirty. I felt my access laughing behind for this. :joy:

Yes I’ve been nitpicking the small issues with Ather. It’s not like I hate them. I absolutely love the vehicle and the company. But it’s seriously not what you want to see on a premium product.

14 Likes

Agree with many of the points… Yeah this is premium vehicle but still a 1.0 :slight_smile:

I agree with water dripping from mirror after rain… Now a days (if starting after rain) I learnt to shake the mirror nicely before starting the vehicle… Otherwise, it ends up wetting the lap area of my pant :smiley:

3 Likes

That makes 3 of us…!

I saw a strange thing in the Efficiency hue yesterday… and was able to repeat that again…

I started the vehicle (Motor ON) and was just pushing backwards from the Parking area and I saw Hue was Red…

Why would it calculate low efficiency when throttle was not even engaged? Did anyone else see this behaviour?

4 Likes

Even I have observed that. It happens even when the motor is not turned on.

1 Like

Same here, saw multiple times

1 Like

The sharp edges are a huge pain. Especially for washing. If you’re not using a pipe, its pretty dangerous.

2 Likes

Me too…
Now it’s 4!

I cut my finger cleaning it in first week itself, that makes 5 of us. Now I just pressure wash, cos I need fingers

4 Likes

Where do you get it washed? Any recommendations?

1 Like

Me too while cleaning rear wheel for mud. 6th one

2 Likes

Same thing with me Santosh. Also I put 3-4 cleaning cloth on display

1 Like

Even i am getting the screaming sound from the motor. upon hard accelerating/slight inclination , motor roars. Its so irritating. even i have observed many athers on road and they dont have these issues. Mine has clocked 5K kms so far and this issue cropped after 4K kms . Ather took for service after complaining, they said tension of the belt was loose and they have corrected it, after this also sounds is there but lilttle reduced. Ather has again taken to solve the issue. Also when you close the throttle , humming sound comes from the belt which is again irritation which was not found in other vehicles(Service vehicle) which i took test ride to check even it has the issue or not.
Ather team please look into these issue.

4 Likes

Is there any general rule ? After how many km we need to correct the belt tension ?

Generally it will be done once in 5Km where your vehicle is scheduled for service.

2 Likes

I have driven 1200 kms on the ather and the roar of the motor is so loud that onlookers turn to see which is this noisy vehicle.I can feel the vibration where you place your foot, its irritating ,which I dont have on my ICE vehicle.
This is seen specially while accelerating hard from slow speed .
Any tips to reduce the noise will be appreciated.

1 Like