Ownership Experience

Any details on what the damage is and the cost and who will be bearing it?

no details yet

hopefully by this week ill get an update, with all details

6k reachedā€¦

18 Likes

Congratulations bro! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yesterday, went to a friendā€™s home. Because it just finished raining most of the roads had some water loggingā€¦ I saw some water logged (mud) road for around 100-200 feet distanceā€¦ Bcoz I saw couple of two wheelers crossed just before I reached that point, I thought to go aheadā€¦

Only going half way, I realised the water level definitely touched the battery pack levelā€¦ and it lasted for 15 secondsā€¦

After crossing that, I was driving for another 200 metres and stopped at the parkingā€¦ Except for strange sound (which I thought water and mud in the belt), I did not see any problem.

Now, after 10 minutes, when tried to turn ON, it did not turn ONā€¦ I was really concerned thinking about @Abhishek .

After waiting for 2-3 minutes, I saw screen coming up with system restartā€¦ During that 3 minutes, I was really thinking of RSAā€¦

Coming back to my question: @Ather.Team Please post a dos and donts of Ather 450 going thru water. Because, one cant drive with concerns always.

12 Likes

I doubt the dashboard turning on is related to you crossing the waterlogged street. Was the screen on but with a black screen? Then this is normal. Give it a minute and itā€™ll turn on like normal.

The sound that arises when you rode in the water is normal too. It sounds like a couple Athers riding in sync and I actually like it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @Abhishek whats the issue, can someone fill me up here or point me to a post.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to know too.

On a side note, Iā€™ve crossed 100 in Sport mode :smiley: :

6 Likes

Wow. Just Wow. Give me some tips.

Definitely, it was a restartā€¦ Because the logo and progress bar for reboot confirmed the sameā€¦

Though such restarts happens once in a while, yesterday I thought it was related to waterā€¦ I too wish they were not relatedā€¦

Only Ather can clarify in detail what and what not can be done when going thru water.

2 Likes

Why is it that so many people have a better range in sports than ride mode ?

Coasting.

From my experience, this is the best way to get the most efficiency from your ride! Other factors like tyre pressure, clean belt and weight does affect efficiency but not as much as coasting.

Basically treat it like riding a bicycle. Youā€™ll only pedal just enough to coast around freely right? Same applies here.

@prasathvishnu donā€™t worry, just make sure you spray some water near the belt area and get rid of the mud and dirt so you donā€™t lose efficiency.

@Suraj_madhu I think thatā€™s because most people barely use the Ride Mode. Last I used Ride Mode was maybe a month ago or more. I prefer Sports Mode because it gives me the freedom to scoot if needed, so can easily cross 60 when I reach open stretches of road. And the pickup :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I am closer to 100 kms range in both modes. But itā€™s seems to be too far to cross 100 kmsā€¦

1 Like

I like this. I like people like you. Ride mode is so boring :zzz: and slow.

2 Likes

In traffic, itā€™s doesnā€™t make much difference. Yes, sports mode gives you extra thrill.
But I have seen on a daily basis, the people accelerate, go zoom and wait in the signal for me to join them :joy::joy:

6 Likes

One doubt:
How do you people clear the dust in the belt, especially after coming from rainy roadsā€¦

I mean, every time we cant go for water / pressure washā€¦ Is there any efficient way of doing this ourselves?

1 Like

Just use a regular hose pipe before the mud dries up. Even splashing a couple mugs of water will be fine. This will get rid of all the major sand between the belt teeth. Thatā€™s all thatā€™s necessary for decent efficiency. You donā€™t need a pressure wash every time. Pressure wash it once in a month or two.

1 Like

Just hose pipe, little pressure created by closing the pipe and use it around the belt area. It gives you a smooth ride and better efffeciency. Sad part is, we have clean regularlyā€¦

2 Likes

Do we have Engine/Motor Immobilizer on our scooter? It would be a shame if its not there.

Impossible is nothing.

11 Likes