Ownership Experience

If option is given to them they will listen to customer put power in vehicle…

Its the regulators who are hold them back in doing this… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Like how they have put real time efficiency they should give power mode only after customers toggle it in settings if they are facing hurdles from regulators. Also put out warning saying this highly improves vehicle handling.

Agreed… Unfortunately convicing regulators is not that easy… :wink:

1 Like

In such scenario what’s the use of “Ather 450 is an ever-improving scooter. Get new software features, enhanced performance and firmware updates.” When Regulatory approvals make everything a gamble to be rolled out to end user’s.

1 Like

Let’s be clear. Govt approval is required for any changes that do not reflect the current certified model of the vehicle. Changes to the structure, changes in motor or battery capacity, changes to performance of the motor, etc.

Let’s also be cognizant of the fact that there is no other 2 wheeler or 4wheeler manufactured in India that supports OTA updates. When more companies resort to such features you will see a change in policy, cos there is a bigger lobby to push for such changes.

14 Likes

@Ather.Team Any update on fixing the lag on the navigation? Even today I missed the turn because of the lag… The speed was below 50 kmph and the lag makes it annoying…

I informed in forum, and during the owners meet. No updates after that. I mean an update mentioning that yes you are aware and you are working on that expect to be fixed next OTA, or the one after…

Because, Only when going to a new place we would use Navigation and we expect it to be reliable…

2 Likes

Anyone has issues with the switch gear? I find the quality to be not up to the mark. My Vespa switches were waaay better. Am I the only one who thinks Ather has put in not so good quality switches?

4 Likes

I too thought it is ‘flimsy’ or ‘plastic’ feeling and commented the same in my review earlier. However for me it is working fine without any issues. I use only 2 switches, 1) Ignition start 2) Indicators. Horn, Headlight high/low beam, Motor Off switches are rarely used.

Having said @raghav.srinivasan and some others had Horn Switch problem.

1 Like

It is flimsy for sure. But the quality of switches itself is bad. It shouldn’t be on the two wheeler of this class. It’s totally unacceptable.

Look at this paint. It’s so bad.

1 Like

You have to polish regularly. I use 3M polish for plastic surface. It looks shinny and no issues with switches of now.

2 Likes

I use the ₹20 polish once a month!

1 Like

What is the name? I will also buy it

I bought Motomax insta shine sachet to try out and it works good for 2 times. That’s also 20 rupees

Moto max Insta shine

Use after cleaning and wiping the water.

Use where ever you see black plastic. I.e. dashboard, swingarms, even in seat and wheels!

3 Likes

2JGJ+46 HBR Layout, Bengaluru, Karnataka

Nowadays I notice that the indicator switch randomly get stuck when I use it for right hand turns.

Thought I’ll wait for few days to see how it goes. But sure, I am concerned the switch may not last long… The 2 prongs that connect it look too flimsy.

1 Like

Will try it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

what I noticed over past 1-2 week is: Often it requires 2 hard presses to activate indicator… But it was not like that before…

Hello all,

Today I came across a happy owner riding an Ather in BTM 2nd stage, but it had a red number plate. When will a scooter have red plate?