Ownership Experience

In addition to the excellent write-up by Rajesh, I would like to re-iterate a couple of points:

I have found that the regen can be engaged in two ways:

1. By twisting the accelerator in the opposite direction - allows just a little twist but that is enough - so do not try forcing it further.
  2. By just a light squeeze on the brake lever - need not actually engage the brakes - but the regen does get engaged in this manner.

Further, a word of caution – although you cannot rely on the regen to bring the scooter to a halt fast enough in certain situations, it does engage pretty well and slows down the scooter quickly enough. Now, if there is any other vehicle behind you, the driver will not see your brake-light come up and will have no reason to expect you to slow down, especially if the road is free ahead!! So, it is healthy for all that we Ather riders make a habit of ensuring no one is behind us before engaging the regen with or without actually braking…

6 Likes

just remembered

shall we do this

5 Likes

Yeah…
I guess it should be very month…

1 Like

I am ready

1 Like

Cost?

3 Likes

How are you guys managing the Tyre pressure? Frequent trips to the petrol station to fill in the tyres or how do you guys manage ? Ather owners if you could comment please.

1 Like

Hi @Shreyas,

Is this new number already active?

1 Like

Did another typre pressure check yesterday, filled nitrogen this time. The tyre pressures had dropped by about 20% in 4 days.
Front: 28 to 23 psi
Rear: 30 to 21 psi
Not sure if this is normal, or if the tyres have a puncture. Next time I see such a drop (hoping nitrogen will help retain pressure longer) I will get a puncture check done.

1 Like

Yes it is Sandeep.

2 Likes

Some neighborhood kid must be doing this. It’s annoying and abnormal.

1 Like

I use my cycle pump with pressure gauge. This is very convenient for filling at home for all our two and four wheeled vehicles.

1 Like

Can you help me with the pressure gauge you are using? If available online may be a link would help as well. TIA.

1 Like

Something like this --> https://www.decathlon.in/p/8224360_flp-7000-foot-pump.html#/180-235-
or any such pump which includes a gauge.

This is a sort of all-in-one for all our vehicles including cycles, scooter and car and also for the random football, basketball, softball, etc and hence very convenient :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There are other bikes which have the safety feature which work very well, dominor has this and if the side stand is not lifted the bike does not start

2 Likes

True , even okinawa scooter has the same feature. he was arguing that if your sensor/switch covered with dust or become non functional then you can not start your scooter.

1 Like

@Shreyas
The number in the app also has to be updated to this number please.

Can we log tickets to customer service using whatsapp? if not, it would be a good feature to support logging a ticket with customer service using the app if not whatsapp. I understand that we can call customer service using the # saved or mentioned in the app (need to be updated).

2 Likes

Hey @mantena,

This cannot be done on the existing app and will need the app to get updated. We will roll out the new app update soon with the updated phone number.

As for the ticket logging on the app/whatsapp, we are actively exploring these options, but it is a bit early for us to do that. Will take this feedback and check what we can do in the near future.

1 Like

thanks @Shreyas

All the the Ather owners. If you just turn off and NOT shutdown the Ather over night. What is the discharge overnight? How many % does it drop?

1 Like