Ownership Experience

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I started using ride mode , i see that there is an increase in pickup compare to Eco mode. In Eco mode, i achieved 91 Km (total 360 km). Now we not be able see those numbers :(.

1 Like

Thankyou, appreciate it. Don’t worry about the quality of the video.

1 Like

The estimated range numbers showing up on the dashboard/app in the ride/sport mode have been flat lined for all 450 users right now(50/55 in sport and 65 in ride mode). So every one will see the same numbers. And this number is the median range seen by all 450 owners, so it will change slowly depending on the riding behavior of every user.

From a future update however, personalized range estimations will again show up on the dashboard/app, once enough data has accumulated on an individual basis to make more accurate range predictions.

3 Likes

You will be :slight_smile:

Adding a favourite location on the dashboard

6 Likes

Thanks for the update and Shreyas

1 Like

Sad to be one of the first ones to report this, but My scooter fell last Saturday due to an idiotic mistake from me :man_facepalming:.
A friend met me near my home and he rode my scooter. After he rode it and parked it, we spoke for some time and he left. He had turned the handle to the right side. Because the handle was turned to the right side, it was looking nice. So, I took some photos in that place itself. Then, I went to the scooter from it’s right side and tried to lift the scooter to sit. Before I even realised, the scooter flew away from me and fell down. The motor was still on and without realising that, I had twisted the throttle a bit! :man_facepalming:
argh! I had not checked the engine kill switch. That gut wrenching feeling before you lift…really bad. When the scooter was lifted back, it was a sad sight, Left side panels had scratches all over. It was not a heavy fall but it was tarmac and not grassy ground. So it was limited to scratches. the side panels, the side stand and the rear grab rail had scratches! then I saw that the entire weight had fallen on the left brake lever and it was bent!

Although it was not a big damage and the vehicle was in perfect running condition, I can’t see any of my vehicle with scratches. I parked it in the parking lot, called the road side assistance and explained them about the mishap. It was a Saturday evening and hence the pick-up was scheduled for Monday. I was feeling terribly bad but felt a little better when I heard from them that mine was not the first such case. I informed Autovert too and they told me that after the Estimate from Ather, we can decide the further course of action.

Monday morning, the vehicle was picked up an hour before the scheduled time and it was taken to their IBC office near dairy circle. Later in the afternoon, I got an estimate of 4000 for replacement with new parts (3 LH panels, side stand, LH brake lever and the grab rail) and 500 labour. After thinking a bit, I took a call not to go for Insurance for such a minor damage. This meant that Autovert/Digit will not be involved. This was informed to Autovert.

Tuesday Morning, I called up to check the status and I was told that it’ll be delivered by 8PM the same day. the bill was generated and the payment link was sent. Exactly by the time I reached home, I vehicle reached home too. as good as new. The replaced parts were returned to me.

Lessons learnt (the hard way)

• As much as I love the silent motor, it has it’s disadvantages.
  • I must make it a habit ASAP to use the engine kill switch whenever I switch off (as instructed by Ather many tomes now).
  • It will be nice to have a side stand warning or some of poka yoke to avoid/avert vehicle movement when it is parked.

The whole thing was embarrassing, but from an optimistic point of view, I experienced the RSA and the servicing of Ather. I must say it was impressive. they were pretty fast and good. Hopefully it remains the same even after the number of Athers on road increase. Autovert were also following up in parallel which was nice to see.

9 Likes

Really Unfortunate, but the service part looks promising… Hope it remains same

2 Likes

Wow, would have never figured that out. Since its kinda hidden

1 Like

Shreyas, agree and understood on app update (in phone).

How about predicted range on dashboard? Does it need to start fresh now? I thought dashboard predicted range is from the day 1 till today based on energy burnt and distance covered.

3 Likes

It’d be better in the Ather app to have the ODO reading and the vehicle number in the ‘My 450’ section instead of the Profile section. Profile section for owner data and My 450 section for Vehicle data will make more sense IMO.

2 Likes

Hi Shreyas, I have received the OTA update and still the network is same bad. Also not able to see rider sensitisation feature. Request you to confirm the SW version. I have the attached version.

1 Like

That’s really unfortunate brother. Servicing part is impressive tho.

Btw @Ather.Team can you give us an option to kill the motor when the side stand is on. Or when the side stand is on the motor shouldn’t switch on?

2 Likes

Hi guys, my Ather will be delivered shortly. My daughter will be taking the delivery as I’m out of town. Kindly advise a checklist of what all things to be checked/ familiarised after taking delivery. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

That is the correct version for the new update. By rider sensitization feature I guess you are talking about the red colored halo ring indicator which shows up around the range estimator when you are driving the scooter? Does that not show up on hard acceleration/braking?

2 Likes

@samitbanerji thanks for your reply. I saw that hollow red ring with speed picked up. When I accelerated on the ramp did not see that initially.

1 Like

WoW !!

I wish, I can repeat the same… However it does not look positive after one day driving (after OTA update). I do not see number going above 65Km in RIDE mode, even though the driving pattern is same as my 111km in Eco mode :frowning:

Little disappointed with OTA and not able to understand this RANGE prediction on dashboard. I will write a separate thread on this observation.

1 Like

Hi Rajesh,

This range prediction is only for short period… As per shreyas note now the prediction will show based on all vehicles on road data averaged or flatlined and the out come of that is 65km in ride and 55km in sports mode… So if your 100%charge is touching 65km in ride mode then be happy that all on road vehicles are driving as per prediction :smile: My yesterdays drive experience was good with new OTA. I was able to see that I exceeded estimated range by 8Km just in one day after update… But today morning again my 100% charge was 65km… So i feel now the range prediction is more consistent… My personal opinion…

1 Like