Ownership Experience

Just made a Youtube Video of my Ather 450. Covers a bit of the Delivery and the Experience Have tried to keep it short. Hope you guys like it . :grinning:

32 Likes

The video looks very professional, perhaps this could have become the official video of “Ather in Bangalore”.

4 Likes

Nice video nd dat no 0936 :sparkles:hoo looks like specially selected one​:v:t2:

3 Likes

Very very good… Nicely done

2 Likes

Very good video Abhishek. In Which road did u shoot the video?

3 Likes

Its been two months since i got ather.This is what the range i am getting.I have been reading up the previous posts by you guys and i thought i would like to share my experience which i feel would be helpful.I personally thank Naveen and Sahil from ather who guided me on how to increase range.

• My acceleration is on a gradual basis in the sense i increase my speed progressively.
• I seldom use brakes I am dependent on regen it will certainly recharge your battery in fragments and increase your range.
• I have reduced my speed, i try to maintain my speed around 27-30km/hr during daytime while returning home I will drive around 20-24km/hr.
• I try to maintain average speed which is around 15-18km/hr.
• I try not to apply sudden braking.
• I clean the air vents below the seat, quite often to wade off any dust particles for easy circulation of air.

11 Likes

Speeds you mentioned are taking traffic conditions into consideration? Less than 30 kmph speed on empty roads as well?

1 Like

I seriously wouldn’t hesitate to shoot these kind of people. It’s so bloody pissing off to see this sort of thing happen.

1 Like

yes

Thank you @Nagesh.H.S . The Video was shot at Church Street

1 Like

:arrow_up: excellent tip!

4 Likes

Has anyone here got the home charging pod installed and also bought a regular 5A cable? Is that cable also connected to a vehicle or can it be used by other vehicles also?

I’d really like Ather to provide these cables on a rental basis for people who may require them for a few days for specific purposes.

1 Like

I have both (home pod and charging cable), however I am not sure whether these can be used to charge other (make) vehicles too.

1 Like

Can you share a picture of the 5A cable to see the dimension of it and to know how well it confine to the boot space…

1 Like

Will do, give me a day.

2 Likes

We can not charge any other vehicle in home pod. Only one bike is registered to that pod so. About charging cable I don’t know. but my friend is going get his ather today he bought cable charger too. I will check and let u know tomorrow if possible

Check this…

1 Like

How much of it is a reality on the ground? Though I’m getting my bike tomorrow only, I wanted to travel on old Madras road this weekend to show off the Ather to the cycling community of Bangalore. It’s around 35 km away so I may just make it. I wanted to have this cable with me so worst case I can pop into a friend’s house to plug in.

Normally I don’t think I will need it as my daily commute will be less than 50k. I’ll check with them if I can borrow it for a day as there is going to be a good amount of publicity for them at the event

1 Like

worst case Jagan, the closest Ather Grid point to Emerald Isle is about 18-19 kms away – about 10kms detour from the Old Madras road on the way back.
30 mins charging there should get you back home easily.

3 Likes

Yeah, our common friend is really keen to try as are many other cyclists. Maybe I’ll go to their 100ft office and get a full top up prior to leaving for the venue, it’s a 50 km round trip from there, which leaves me a good 20-30 km if friends want to take a ride

2 Likes