Ownership Experience

How is the traffic and your average speed for getting that much range.

1 Like

installation done today. Only registration is pending.

5 Likes

Its so elegant… Just falling in love every time I see that.

1 Like

where is the MCB switch

1 Like

I told them to install it inside the home

2 Likes

Hey Raghu,

As @anil.m.nayak mentioned there are a few changes being made to the range prediction algorithm.

I will go into more detail on this closer to the release of the update.

Also, what @samitbanerji has posted is correct.

The predicted range on the dashboard is not representative of the range that you’d have gotten on your last ride. The way to measure the range on your current charge cycle is through the odometer. How @Abhishek has been doing for the past couple of days. I would agree that this is not the best way to measure range or predict it either today. Hence we are making two changes:

1. Flatlining the range to a median value, instead of individual value for each user.
  2. Adding a manual trip meter to measure range/distance. To make it more convenient for the user. (Might come in a later update)

Along with that we will also be adding a few more features that will help you get more information on your riding, energy consumption, efficiency, etc.

Over time, as we learn more we will be able to take into account more variables and develop more robust algorithms that help predict range more accurately.

Can’t go into too much detail on that as a lot of it is still under development.

Regards, Shreyas

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Idle Discharge while parked

How well does the connectivity work when parked in the basement of apartment buildings? My main need is to check the battery charge level before heading out.

2 Likes

You don’t need to be connected to read the odo and estimation when parked.

I highly doubt if the BMS does any instant/live learning from the riding pattern to give estimates. My guess is local computation with a set of data to begin with and over the time it learns from data but is it LIVE? I doubt.

1 Like

Sounds good

Hi Ather gang

quick one

the other day while i was heading home i was lucky enough to meet Praveen (was working for Ather) on the road… he was looking at the bike and I saw him say something to his mom who is on the back of his bike. Initially I thought he want to take quick moment to take a look at the bike so i have stopped after 300m where i got to know about this wonderful guy. He was working for team responsible for charging part on the 450. Got to know that his MOM know to ride 2 wheeler - and get this - she learnt it at the age of 55!! - (now i started thinking even my MOM can do this)- so I was really excited to see his MOM to be a pilot to my flight - but appeared they were in a hurry and they said some other day…

Praveen if you ever see this message please respond… - and I would like to meet you and your MOM when you have time, also witness your MOM ride our Ather 450 - I’ll come to u where ever u r located

6 Likes

In short you don’t want this to happen every time you ignite 450

Just a query

is it possible to have web version of details appear on APP - just in case we want to have this on browser?

not able to install on aged mobiles

may be here - https://app.atherenergy.com/dashboard

my MOM want to see me on Map

3 Likes

There should be a better way to handle and optimize the discharge rates definitely. I hope Ather team will definitely come up with that. Many times it is possible that we forgot to make it vacation mode. Is this option available in mobile app to?

2 Likes

not now

but this can be improvement area

Ather may consider

1 Like

Yes it shd be made available in browser too… And meanwhile if you want it now in your browser (Google Chrome) it needs a minor work around. Use ARC Welder Chrome extension… Thn U can use android apps on Google Chrome.U can use in Landscape mode too.:grin:

Explored that option too

but this do not work on Mobile browser

1 Like

Enabling vacation mode control in the app should be right way. Even if you forget to do for all possible reasons, you are still connected and can control on app.

Not sure if this exists in the app already?

I have had asked if @ather_rajs.in can detail on what the app does - no response till date.

1 Like

4 Likes

Any thoughts on introducing “Pass Light Switch”,
it will be very helpful during the night ride. @Shreyas

5 Likes