Ownership Experience

Hey all,

I have been observing a pattern for sometime now, whenever I leave to office with 100% charge. The distance covered is 8kms and i reach office with 87-88% SoC. I park the scooter around 10:30 am and in the evening when i turn on the scooter at around 7:30 pm (Around 9hrs), the SoC jumped to 93%.

I have been observing this consistently everyday. It means i covered the 8kms distance consuming only 5kms on scooter and 7% charge. I know the extra battery percentage isn’t hurting me and i am happy that Ather is considering the calculation error on the lower side. Is anyone else is also seeing this ??

Picture clicked in the evening, left home with 100% and drove for 8kms

1 Like

i am reading your post with 0%battery on my mobile

joke apart, have experienced this kind of behaviour multiple times
but not very often i see this

since u are observing this everyday mau be you should report this to service team

2 Likes

Haha, @Abhishek, i guess you like to test all your gadgets to extreme !!

Coming on the increasing range and battery, i am actually happy that it’s happening. Will the increasing behaviour not stop if Ather rectifies it ? … And the extra range i am seeing is not just for sometime, i can actually drive the vehicle for 3 kms like the normal range !!

1 Like

Hey Kumar!
Saw this post of yours…
I got my Ather recently.
Did you install a screen guard finally? If yes, please let me know where did you get it from.

Samarth Raj

2 Likes

Hey @samarthraj,
Ather will install a film on the screen to prevent possible yellowing of the screen. This should resist scratches to some extent…
However, I guess your scooter will be in Mysuru. So, head to KT street and get a big screenguard that is made for some Tablet. Cut it neatly using a cutter and paste it

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Owners’ meet - December 2019

Hi @hemanth.anand, Have you installed screengaurd on your Ather?
I have one concern with screen gaurd (plastic or tempered glass). Ather Dash screen is not like a mobile phone that has a glass panel. In case the gaurd breaks and need to be removed, then while removing the gaurd, it can cause scratches on the screen.

Alright!
A week after I got my hands on my Ather, yesterday, I got the opportunity for a full scale drive and here is 1st impression review!

Took the vehicle out for a spin from my home, where the main road is under repair (not patch work but complete repair). So the 1st km was on compacted gravel/sand surface. This is when I understood, why people call Ather a ‘Flight’. I felt as if, i was gliding over the surface with hardly any undulations reaching my spine. The only observation was, like every other ICE scooter on road, the handle tends to shudder on such roads once you cross 40kmph.

Then came the ring road and here’s where, I realised that an Ather is not just to be ‘Flown’ but it should be ‘Flaunted’. I was just entering the road taking a right hand turn and out of the blue an Apache biker tripple riding, without a helmet and his eyes half closed (quite common in Mysore) zoomed across the barricade and got very close to me. Thanks to low CoG of Ather, i leaned more than what i normally do and just got away from his path. The guy stared at me and my Ather and just moved on. However, it just took me a twist of throttle and few seconds to get close and past him, just waved at him to be cautious. Good that he realised he was wrong and just smiled back. But all 3 were staring at my Ather probably thinking 'Yava gaadi appa idu?? yentha pickupu!! All through this, I got another reason as to why Ather is called ‘Flight’ again!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Remember how it feels, when an aircraft pilot pushes the engine to max power while taking off??!! Its the same feeling, when you pull the throttle to maximum on an Ather!! I hadn’t tried this during the test ride at Ather Space, so this was my first such experience.
From there on, it was me, my Ather, Sports Mode, throttle in red zone and “stares and oggles”!!
Went on the open roads around Kukkarahalli lake to Yadavagiri and back home through KD Road.
Max speed achieved 78kmph. Consumed around 46% charge for a 29 km drive.
Another thing I loved was the sound of the motor once the helmet is on and your are at a good cruising speed. As you increase throttle and hear the motor revs going higher, it gives you a feel of “Bat Mobile” (without the jet powered mode of course).

All in all a adrenaline raising yet soul soothing drive.

Next will be all tourist places in and around Mysore that I can target with my Ather’s range…

9 Likes

Thanks Samarth for the review.

That road beside Kukkarahalli lake has been my favourite since the time I started to ride. Back in the days, when I had a Kinetic Luna, I used to love it when I used achieve it’s top speed of 55kmph on this road. #Cheapthrills #nostalgia :slight_smile:

I look forward to your ride reports to Balmuri, Venugopalaswamy temple beside KRS backwaters, Ranganathittu, Brindavan gardens, Nanajanagudu, Somanathapura to start with.
Later on after you gain more confidence, Talakadu, Melukote etc…

Edit: Please do post more pictures :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Venugopalaswamy temple is a mine and my family’s favourite. Have been there several times.
Will surely post pics in next posts.

Hi @abhishek.balaji my ather was picked up for service for replacement of touchscreen which had turned yellow but after they installed new touchscreen they have not installed so called screen guard to prevent yellowing again. So I was under impression they would install screen guard for vehicles going to service ? Right ? Now again should I raise service request for installation ? Thx

Nope, nothing else to do. Since yours was replaced, it doesnt need the screen protector :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there any changes in the panels coming with new scooters?

There’s been very little information about any new product from Ather.

so no need to worry about UV damage in this new replaced screen?

1 Like

Hi All
I am shifting my house to a new place and I am not sure how long I will stay at this place
Is it better to shift Point to the new place ? Or is it better to buy a portable charger instead ?

(I know pros and cons of portable charger. Just FYI)

1 Like

Check first if the portable charger works in your new place. A lot of people have noticed that the point night function well but sometimes the wall point and portable charger combo doesn’t really work. (some grounding issues)

1 Like

If earthing is correctly working then u can go portable charger …

1 Like

Can someone change my status to “Ather owner” if it isn’t changed? :sweat_smile:

You’ll automatically be added to the group when you logout/login. Do try that, if not, I’ll add you manually.

1 Like