Ownership Experience

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks a lot for sharing. Summary slow charging will help prolong the battery file.

My concern is on app. It showed 1hr time from 94% to 100%. Then completed 100% in just less then 30 mins. Is app accurate or near to accurate.

My experience on app:

1. Charging status is not accurate.
  2. Gap doesn’t show shortest distance for two wheeler. No traffic updates, GPS is not accurate.
  3. Ride statistics : Never got complete ride details.

My experience on Efficiency:

1. Down hill : Even if you give hard throttle, efficiency doesn’t show red indicator.
  2. UP hill : Even if you give smooth throttle or hard throttle, efficiency show red indicator.
  3. Based on Efficiency the predicted range is decided. Not sure if anyone has travelled more than 65 kms range.

Correct me if understanding is wrong.

Maximum range is 65 kms. Can I travel more than 65 kms based on predicted range?

Or predicted range is just to show how well you battery life is??

Yes, many times App is not correct and in many instances even dashboard is not correct in the estimate time remaining.

You plug out and plug in after a minute. It will show correct estimate.

1 Like

My daily travel is 55 km. And nowadays I only use Sports Mode. I don’t shut down during the day. At the end of the day, I can still see a range of 19-21km in Sports mode.

So yeah, you can travel way more that 65km.

2 Likes

Harish,

Your understanding on slow charging is correct. In fact, BMS (Battery Management System) of 450 will take responsibility of these things and it is well designed & intelligent. In comparison, today’s mobile phone lacks these and it needs personal intervention for all these fine tuning.

As @prasathvishnu mentioned, App and even Dashboard charging indications on remaining time are inaccurate especially after 80%.

Gap?? ; Yes. traffic updates are missing. Expected to roll out in the next updates. GPS is okay and it serves. However I agree that app is not upto Google Maps yet.

Yes, same observation here too. Ather is aware of this and working.

There is gyroscope sensor which helps to decide the efficiency. If you are riding on uphill, definitely 450 needs more power. I too see red hue, however hue level (energy burnt) can be controlled with your riding skill. I could reduce significantly over the period of time.

5 Likes

Ride efficiency is calculated as energy spent per distance travelled(for the last 10 sec).

Hence, even if you go slow uphill, there is a certain amount of energy that will have to be spent just to gain that potential energy. Hence the red glow.

The same thing applies while coming downhill, the energy consumption will be low as most of the energy spent is coming from the potential energy and not the battery pack.

10 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Battery SoC Indicator

How your getting the info ? Is it sync while in shutdown mode.

@Ather.Team, @Shreyas, Can you please address my questions too? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detailed info Shreyas. Some of the information, I am yet to understand correctly which I may google later… :slight_smile:

#1 & #2 - For either of these, can Ather do to calibrate SOC or fine tune the calculation of discharge?

#3 - High Acceleration - At least in my case, high acceleration is not the cause for sure

#4 - Possible. My understanding: By the time we turn ON, because of the discharge during idle period though it shows 100%, it was not actually 100%, but it was corrected during the initial period causing fast drop from 100% to 97%. But, if that was the case, the SOC cannot again increase from 90 to 93% after turning ON after few hours.

One thing to add:
After the first drive, once the SOC drops below 90%, there is never a change in the SOC before & after shutdown. It happens only on the first drive after Full charge.

2 Likes

My home charging pod is red all of a sudden and I am unable to charge, it say not charging, any tips to resolve this, tried restarting didn’t help

Please ignore power fluctuations it’s charging now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Reached 5k mark

13 Likes

How do you even ride :open_mouth:

1 Like

Blockquote This is a good idea. Implementing this would mean that Ather has to upgrade the screen to OLED. Normal LED-backlit-LCD displays will light-up the entire display panel and cannot selectively turn-off parts of the screen like OLEDs can. In OLED displays, each pixel is independently lighted-up and there is no back-lighting Blockquote

I think this can be done on LCD screens too. My Motorola One Vision has IPS LCD screen and it has this feature. Some other LG phones with LCD screen have this too. The implementation on OLED screens requires less power as most of the pixels are turned off (black). On LCD, even black needs power, but that’s not a concern in our case as the dashboard is on anyways even without AOD.

I think some software tweaks from Ather will do the trick.

1 Like

Agrere, It is very much possible on LCD screen.

For power saving perspective, it will not work out as anyway all pixel needs to be backlit…

But, from giving a dark mode or simplistic UI based on black background can still work. Because it is LCD, the black may not be real black, but it is still better than not being possible.

Dark mode will not help as it has a LCD screen. The screen will use all the pixels anyway. But it won’t put a strain on your eyes.

3 Likes

Why is Ather behaving like Android Phone OEM’S In Releasing OTA Updates ? For Screen Lag issue when I called customer care they said it will be resolved with Update. But when will this update be released ? This is nearly 1 month ago.How much longer should we Wait for this OTA to be released ? Can @Shreyas Pls give any time frame for this OTA Release ?

2 Likes

OTA updates need approval from govt. That is what was told during 2nd Owners Meet.

Not all OTA updates. Updates that affect vehicle performance or change the input/output parameters of the vehicle from what it was earlier certified require homologation.

Things like improving the compression algorithm for the documents stored on the bike do not require homologation but adding an eco mode does since it changes the range and too speed.

4 Likes

Thx for nice insight regarding OTA Updates. Then by time Ather plans OTA Updates to improve fix bugs and speed at which our govt works nearly 6 months plus for each OTA.